We were all hyped for the start of Warzone and Black Ops Cold War Season 5. It was only a day before it was supposed to come out that the start of the season was surprisingly postponed for one day, but now the time has finally come. Thus, we have the Warzone Season 5 Update 1.40 Patch Notes for you. Let's take a look at what's in store for us in addition to the already-known features in Warzone Update 1.40.
Before we get lost in the Warzone Season 5 Update 1.40 Patch Notes and list every single detail here for the tenth time, you can find the big changes, new features, and more – including new weapons and operators – in our roadmap article. Here is said article, and a couple more to tickle your brain with.
- Warzone & BOCW: Season 5 Roadmap Released
- BOCW Season 5 Update 1.21 Patch Notes
- Unlocking Warzone's New AR: The EM2
- Unlocking Warzone's New SMG: The TEC-9
Since we have already covered many of the new features in various other articles, and will deliver further separate articles, we will keep the Warzone Season 5 Update 1.40 patch notes as short as possible. Let's go!
Warzone Season 5 Update 1.40 Patch Notes
As usual, this is not the complete list of Warzone Season 5 Update 1.40 Patch Notes. This is simply a curated list of the most important changes that came in Update 1.40. Anyway, if you want the full patch notes, check them out on Raven Software's website.
Warzone Season 5 Update 1.40: Map Updates
New Points of Interest
- Mobile Broadcast Stations: These POIs can be found in a variety of locations in Verdansk, differing from match-to-match to keep one area from being signal boosted by the rewards they offer. See what they’re all about by going closer to them, but be sure to keep your head and tune out the broadcast each one emits…
- [[REDACTED]]: [[REDACTED]] has gone off grid and reports suggest [[REDACTED]] is doing [[REDACTED]] in Verdansk - what, we do not know. This is an unauthorized [[REDACTED]] that could jeopardize our [[REDACTED]] in discovering and stopping Stitch.
- New Gulag: Rush – Based on the classic Black Ops II map, this layout is comprised of the main speedball arena. Check out our article on the new Gulag.
- Red Doors: Beware of these doors sending you to unexpected locations other than the main room. This may have something to do with those Mobile Broadcast Stations seen around Verdansk… Here's what was leaked for the Season 5 Mid-Season Update.
This will be a thread as we discover more throughout the map. Here's another in the middle of the stadium. pic.twitter.com/BajMu7WgCY— ModernWarzone - FPS Gaming News (@ModernWarzone) August 13, 2021
Warzone Season 5 Update 1.40: Weapons
- EM2: Assault Rifle (Launch)
- Full-auto assault rifle. Heavy British rifle with considerable kick and a built in low-zoom optic. Slow rate of fire and high damage makes the EM2 a solid choice for skilled marksmen.
- Obtain the EM2 for free and ready to use in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at Tier 15 of the Season Five Battle Pass.
- TEC-9: Submachine Gun (Launch)
- Semi-auto submachine gun. Improved accuracy from longer ranges with low recoil and a slower fire rate. Good damage output with moderate range.
- Obtain the TEC-9 for free and ready to use in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at Tier 31 of the Season Five Battle Pass.
- Cane: Melee (In-Season)
- Lethal walking cane. Where fashion meets function. Adorned with a sterling silver lion's head, this cane is easy to grip and deadly when swung.
- Obtain via unlock Challenge or via Blueprint in the Store.
- Marshal: Handgun (In-Season)
- Break action pistol. Hand loaded double barrel pistol fires 12 gauge shells. Excellent damage at close range.
- Obtain via unlock Challenge or via Blueprint in the Store.
- AMP63 (BOCW)
- 20 Rnd: Ammo Capacity increased from 20 to 25
- STANAG 25 Rnd: Ammo Capacity increased from 25 to 30
- 20 Rnd Speed Mag: Ammo Capacity increased from 20 to 25
- Salvo 23 Rnd Fast Mag: Ammo Capacity increased from 23 to 30
New Weapon Unlock Challenges (BOCW)
- MG 82: Light Machine Gun: Using LMGs, kill 3 or more enemies without reloading in 15 different completed matches.
- C58: Assault Rifle: Using Assault Rifles, get a Long Shot kill in 15 different completed matches.
Warzone Season 5 Update 1.40: Operators
- Kitsune: Warsaw Pact (Launch): Get access to Kitsune for use in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at Tier 0 in the Season Five Battle Pass and unlock an additional Ultra-Rarity Operator Skin at Tier 100.
- Stryker: NATO (In-Season): Get access to Stryker as part of upcoming Season Five Store Bundle offerings, to be detailed at a later date.
- Hudson: NATO (In-Season): Get access to Hudson as part of upcoming Season Five Store Bundle offerings, to be detailed at a later date.
Warzone Season 5 Update 1.40: Gameplay Updates
- Loot Adjustments
- New Gulag and in-game lobby loadouts.
- Sentry Guns are now in supply boxes.
- TEC-9 and EM2 have been added to the loot pool.
- Players can now leave the Ziplines at any time, including canceling them halfway.
- New Perks and Changes (we already have a detailed article about the new Perks).
- Combat Scout in Slot 3 (yellow).
- Tempered in Slot 2 (red) added.
- Cold-Blooded has been adjusted. Not visible to AI aiming systems and thermal sights. High Alert and Combat Scout are ignored.
- High Alert was adjusted without being mentioned in the Patch Notes. Footsteps from players with Dead Silence can now be heard.
Look. Warzone Season 5 is, sadly, not particularly exciting. Do you know what is marginally – yes, only marginally – more exciting? Call of Duty: Vanguard. Here's everything we know.
- Call of Duty Vanguard: Cover Art, Features & Details Leaked
- CoD Vanguard Alpha & Beta Dates Leaked
- CoD: Vanguard Will Bring A New Anti-Cheat To Warzone
Warzone Season 5 Update 1.40: Bug Fixes
- Fixed additional collision issues with various elements across Verdansk allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed visual issues with various elements across Verdansk causing them to disappear at certain angles or allowing light to shine through them.
- Fixed an issue allowing Players to hide inside of cash drops.
- Fixed an issue related to the in-game lobby causing Players to turn invisible for the duration of the match.
- Fixed an issue where a Munitions Box could be dropped in the in-game lobby and persist to the live match.
- Fixed an issue where a Player would lose their Weapons when reviving another player if the downed Player gave up.
- Fixed an issue where a Player’s head would disappear when a Plunder bag was on their back.
- Fixed an issue where Dismemberment was not working for the “Solar Flare” Blueprint.
- Fixed an issue where new Text Chat options did not appear in the Accessibility Menu.
- Fixed an issue where sniper glint would sometimes not appear.
- Fixed an issue where the “Solar Flare” Blueprint wasn't properly applied to the base Weapon.
- Fixed an issue where the Bumper Ping Button Layout would ping when deploying a Field Upgrade.
- Fixed an issue with the Steady Aim Laser descriptions for the AK-47 (BOCW) and C58 (BOCW).
- Fixed an issue where Tracers were not present when using the “Solar Flare” Blueprint.
- Fixed an issue with Akimbo Pistols would spawn with the left Weapon unloaded.
- Fixed an issue with the OTs 9 (BOCW) dynamic icons.
Warzone Season 5 Update 1.40: Other Updates
- New icon for the armor box to better distinguish it from the ammunition box.
- Steady Aim Behavior can now be adjusted in the menu.
- Hold: Hold the button down to stabilize the scop.
- Toggle: Press once to calm the scope, press again to cancel.
- Texture streaming for better textures is now available for consoles. Simply select in the menu.
- Windows 7 will no longer be supported by Modern Warfare and Warzone as of September 8.
Welcome to EarlyGame, your one-stop-shop for everything Esports and Gaming. Check out MyEarlyGame for an exclusive and customizable experience, and to become part of the EarlyGame family. Get engaged on Twitter and Facebook.