In this guide, we will provide you with strategies you need to successfully defeat the first boss in Jedi Survivor, The Ninth Sister. This boss can seem pretty tough on higher difficulties, but it's actually quite simple with the right technique.
Embarking on an epic journey through the Star Wars universe, players of Jedi Survivor will find themselves going toe-to-toe with a few old enemies from the last game. In fact, the very first boss is The Ninth Sister, who originally appeared in Fallen Order. The Ninth Sister is a tough boss, and she's fueled by a deep-seated vengeance against our protagonist, but she can be beaten.
In this guide we will explain how to defeat The Ninth Sister in Jedi Survivor. She has three separate phases, but as long as you defeat the first two you've basically already won. Let's get into the details. z
- To fight the battle with ease, consider an elite controller!
Jedi Survivor: Beating The Ninth Sister
The Ninth Sister is the first boss in Star Wars Jedi Survivor, and she's basically there just to teach you how to parry. Let's go through each phase and what you need to do.
The Ninth Sister Phase 1
In the first phase, The Ninth Sister will use a predictable moveset of normal and heavy attacks, but all you need to do is this:
- Equip the single lightsaber stance, which is the best for this fight.
- Parry all the normal attacks from The Ninth Sister by tapping block the moment before her attacks land, and then counter with a basic attack of your own.
- Whenever The Ninth Sister uses a heavy attack (which is signified by a red flash) you muse use dodge and cannot counter-attack. This is because her heavy attacks are unblockable.
- Keep parrying and counter-attacking, with the occasional dodge to avoid heavy attacks, and you will wear her down to about 65% health. This will activate a cut-scene and the start of Phase 2.
If you find parrying difficult, consider adjusting some of the Jedi Survivor gameplay settings to make combat easier.
The Ninth Sister Phase 2
After the first cut-scene you will enter phase 2, and at this point The Ninth Sister will use an expanded moveset which includes force pull. However, what you need to do doesn't change:
- Continue to parry and counter-attack The Ninth Sister whenever you can, but beware of increased unblockable attacks that must be dodged.
- Do not try and hit The Ninth Sister when she is using force abilities, she will dodge every single attack.
- Once The Ninth Sister has been reduced to about 30% health the final cut-scene begins and you enter the third phase.
Don't worry if you're incredibly low health by this point, the final phase of the fight is incredibly easy.
The Ninth Sister Phase 3
When phase 3 starts you unlock a new stance: Dual Wield. With this stance, which will now be automatically equipped, you can just spam attack The Ninth Sister and she won't be able to block any of your attacks. You've basically already won the fight if you've got to final phase.
In the event of defeat, players will respawn at the last meditation point with full health and fresh stims. Once you've defeated the Ninth Sister, you've effectively completed the prologue. And by mastering the techniques required to defeat the Ninth Sister, you'll be well-equipped to take on future challenges in Jedi Survivor.
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.