This hidden feature for the PlayStation 5 can be very helpful if a disc gets stuck in the drive. Here is how to find it and how to remove a disc from your drive manually.
If you have the PS5 Disc Edition, it could happen that a disc gets stuck in the drive. Although this will probably rarely be the case, here is a guide on how to safely remove the disc from the drive by using a hidden feature barely anyone even knows of.
PlayStation 5: Disc Is Stuck In The PS5 Drive – How To Get It Out Safely
If your PS5 doesn't eject a disc, the problem probably lies in the drive itself. To get the disc out of your system manually, Sony provided the new PlayStation with a hidden feature.
Here is how to manually remove a disc from your drive:
- Turn off your PS5 entirely and remove all the cables
- Remove the stand and lay the console flat with the disc drive facing upward (the PlayStation symbol should be on the other side)
- Gently lift the bottom-right corner up, and at the same time slide the cover to your left
- Peel off the black sticker on your drive
- Put a screwdriver in the hole and turn it clockwise
- Your disc should come out while you're screwing
- Remove the disc
A YouTuber has uploaded a video for this, which should make it easier for you to follow all the steps:
Please always be careful, when operating in your PS5 system. We don't take any responsibility for any breakages. Hopefully, you were able to remove the disc from your system without further complications and are now ready to play your favorite PS5 games!
For more tips and tricks regarding your PS5:
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.