The jump pad is probably one of the most popular items in Fortnite. No wonder, after all, they give you enormous advantages, regardless of whether you're a passive player or an aggressive one. And in Chapter 3, Season 3 there are tons of these puppies on the map. Here are all the jump pad locations, so you know where to look for that extra bounce.
What Is A Jump Pad In Fortnite?
The Fortnite old hands probably know what a jump pad is. For the newer players among you, here's a quick explanation: A jump pad is like a trampoline that throws a player high into the air and then lets them open their glider.
There are two different types of jump pads. One of the jump pads is actually a trap item in Fortnite. These can be found as ground loot, in chests, in llamas, and in loot drops. They are infinitely stackable.
But then there are jump pads that are at certain fixed locations on the map. These cannot be put in your inventory and collect, and are really just features of the map. In Chapter 3, these types of jump pads came onto the map with FortniteUpdate 19.01. In Season 3, some have disappeared, but new ones have appeared.
Where Are The Jump Pads In Fortnite?
Season 3 is all about good vibes and the jump pads are where the party's at! Below on the map you can see all 14 jump pads on the Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3 map:
All the jump pads are located in the mid-north-west of the map, near Rave Cave and Loot Lake.
At Rave Cave itself there are 9 jump pads at the following locations:
- At the north-east exit of the cave, near the bus
- To the north on the rise
- In the cave on the water platform
- On the building in the cave
- Two more are outside on the outer edge of Rave Cave
- You can find a jumping surface on the giant pink bear head
- A jump pad is on the platform south of the bear's head
- The final jump pad is in the southern forest area by the abandoned outpost
There are 5 jump areas at Loot Lake:
- North of "The Shining"
- South of the restart bus by the buildings west of the ridge ranger building
- Northwest of the restart bus
- South of the Borrowing Boats landmark
- On the mainland north of Loot Lake
What Is A Launchpad Used For In Fortnite?
A launchpad can be crucial to victory or defeat. When you're being harassed by the storm, a launchpad is a way to outrun it, as the glider can be used after you launch. It can also be used to gain high-ground or to easily outflank opponents due to its high mobility. If you need to avoid a fight because you're low HP, for example, a launchpad can help you escape your opponents quickly.
And that's it. Now you're a launchpad pro!