The upgrade bench is probably one of the most important fixed items in Fortnite. No wonder, after all, they give you enormous advantages in the game. And of course, they're back in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2! We'll show you all the locations, so you have the chance to dominate your opponents on the map.
What Is An Upgrade Bench In Fortnite?
Upgrade Benches allow you to upgrade the weapons in your inventory, which means that they can deal more damage. This gives you a competitive edge over your opponents in a firefight.
Upgrade Benches are especially beneficial to increase the rarity level of your weapons. In fact, you can even use them to upgrade all the weapons in your inventory to the golden rarity level! Oh, and who doesn't like having a completely golden inventory?
All Upgrade Bank Locations in Fortnite
As a rule, you'll find upgrade bench indoors rather than outdoors, and usually at petrol stations. As soon as you approach one, you'll see a small arrow icon through the walls or other obstacles that pinpoints the exact location of the upgrade bench. The following map shows you all the upgrade banks in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2:
There are a total of 21 Upgrade Benches in Fortnite. They can be found in the following locations:
- Far North, at the loading dock.
- At Logjam Lumberyard, in the main building.
- At the Petrol Station west of Logjam Lumberyard.
- At the Petrol Station near Sleepy Sound.
- To the east of The Daily Bugle.
- At the Petrol Station in Coney Crossroads.
- At the Petrol Station west of Loot Lake.
- At the Petrol Station west of Camp Cuddle.
- In the middle of the launching pads on the big island in the east of the map.
- At the Petrol Station south of Tilted Towers.
- At the big Petrol Station northeast of Rocky Reels.
- At the Petrol Station east of The Joneses.
- At the Fishing Pier west of Greasy Grove.
- In the westernmost building of Rocky Reels.
- At the Petrol Station east of the Butter Shack.
- At the Petrol Station north of Condo Canyon.
- At Chonker's Speedway in the northern building.
- At Chonker's Speedway in the southern building.
- On the island in the southwest of the map in the eastern building.
- At Synapse Station in the eastern part of the main building.
How Do You Use An Upgrade Bench In Fortnite?
To use an Upgrade Bench, all you have to do is approach it and hold the weapon you want to upgrade. Once you have approached the Upgrade Bench, a message will appear asking you if you want to upgrade the weapon, along with the price for the change.
Yep, upgrading a weapon isn't free, of course. You will need enough gold bars to finance the weapon upgrade you want. Additionally, upgrade Benches can be used endlessly during a match, so you don't have to worry about someone else getting to them first.
How Many Gold Bars Does It Cost To Upgrade A Weapon in Fortnite?
As you know, there are different weapon rarity levels in Fortnite. The rarer a weapon is, the higher the cost of the upgrade. Here is an overview of the costs:
- Common (gray) to Uncommon (green) = 200 bars.
- Uncommon (green) to Rare (blue) = 300 bars
- Rare (blue) to Epic (purple) = 400 bars
- Epic (purple) to Legendary (orange) = 500 bars
This article was originally written by Alisa Eiber.