We love bringing our readers the meta setup guides for each season of Warzone. But today we have something a little different – one of the most toxic loadouts in Call of Duty; the riot shield troll. Something for the weekend.
We thought, honestly, why not? The shield is a laugh, but it isn't powerful, so we don't feel too guilty about this build. Plus, there are just very few moments as satisfying as closing in on someone, especially when they're backed into a corner. At that point, you're just toying with your food.
The Toxic Riot Shield Class: Setup
So this is our suggestion for a great shield class:
- Primary Weapon: Riot Shield
- Secondary Weapon: Kali Sticks
- Lethal: C4
- Tactical: Gas Grenade
- Perk 1: E.O.D.
- Perk 2: Restock
- perk 3: Amped
Kali Sticks are going into the second slot to maximize the toxicity of the build. And for perks, we've gone a little weird, but there's a logic here.
So, E.O.D. will be a direct counter to the explosives everyone's going to be throwing at us, and Amped will let us swap for the Kali Sticks if they're dumb enough to come within a few feet - these two are obvious. With Restock in the second slot, we chose it so that we've got a constant supply of Stuns and Thermite - which are going to be doing a lot of the hard work for us. The Stuns are going to give us a window of opportunity to dash at people and finish them off, while Thermite has a great throw range, so it's going to be useful for when people are smart enough to keep their distance.
Like keeping up to speed with all things Call of Duty? Here are some recent stories in case you missed them:
- How To Assemble The Modified Rover In Call Of Duty Outbreak
- The 5 Best Battlepass Rewards in Season 4
- Season 4: "Days of Summer" Event Leaked
How To Play The Riot Shield In Warzone?
You're nearly impenetrable behind the shield, but it's worth being aware of a few points:
- When you're standing your feet are exposed, but when you crouch they can shoot you from above, so remember to angle your shield upward slightly while crouching and to use the environment as much as possible while standing.
- Try not to sprint as much. It's so natural to sprint in Warzone but this is when you're at your most vulnerable.
- You'll be at an advantage when fighting in indoor spaces - Downtown is your friend here, so if possible stay in the city.
Look this isn't the strongest class, and it's not meant to be. If you want to get more wins then you need to chase the meta, but we can promise you'll have a top laugh with this setup.
Have you had any success with shields in Warzone? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter, and don't forget - you should consider joining MyEarlyGame for loads of great giveaways, exclusive tourneys, and a customizable home page.