Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone Patch 1.28 brought a new weapon into play – the JAK-12. The first fully automatic shotgun in Modern Warfare and Warzone is currently more popular and hated than any other in the game. Our setup is guaranteed to drive your opponents to rage.
Patch 1.28 is now a good week old, but as always, we wanted to put the new weapon through some testing before we deliver a setup guide. The JAK-12 is based on the AA-12 and is a fully automatic shotgun. That means you can simply hold the trigger down and empty the whole magazine within seconds. To unlock it, you have to collect three shots from the hip with any shotgun in seven different matches. The JAK-12 is extremely powerful at short distances without any attachments, but with the right equipment, it will destroy anything even at longer distances.
The high rate of fire of the JAK-12 makes it a very strong choice in almost any situation, and with the right attachments and certain ammunition, it can be dangerous even at medium distances. Our setup, therefore, focuses on getting as much range as possible out of the weapon. As for the ammunition, we'll explain the advantages and disadvantages of each option but will ultimately leave the choice to you.
This setup maximizes the effective range of the JAK-12, making it a fearsome and, for your opponents, damn annoying weapon at almost any distance.
- Muzzle: FORGE TAC Marauder
- Barrel: ZLR J-3600 Torrent
- Laser: 5mW laser
- Underbarrel: Mercenary Fore Grip
- Ammunition: 20-shot drum magazine/8-S dragon breath/8-shot FRAG-12 magazine
As previously announced, we want to maximize the range of JAK-12. For this purpose, we use the FORGE TAC silencer, which increases the range, reduces dispersion, and hides you on the minimap, and the ZLR J-3600 Torrent barrel, which also increases the range and reduces dispersion. With the laser, you shoot more precisely from the hip, which is always a bonus with shotguns. The Mercenary Fore Grip reduces recoil in sustained fire and lets you aim faster.
For ammunition, we present you three options:
- The 20-shot drum magazine is perfect for run-and-gun gameplay on small maps. This way, you will have to reload very rarely and collect a lot of kills.
- We already know the 8-S Dragonbreath ammo from numerous other shotguns. The advantage is that enemies are set on fire and, with a bit of luck, die if the first hit didn't kill them. However, you're limited to just eight shots, so make sure you always reload when given the opportunity.
- The 8-shot FRAG-12 magazine is particularly suitable for long distances. With this magazine, you shoot quasi small grenades, which explode on impact and cause damage in a small radius. You can also use this ammunition in Warzone to dish out a good deal of damage to vehicles.
The JAK-12 is a mighty weapon that is hella fun to play with. That's the problem for some players, though. Because of the fully automatic fire mode and the high range, the JAK-12 can be a real pain in the ass, especially if you don't want to play it yourself.
Stay with EarlyGame for more quality Call of Duty content. You can also check our YouTube channel for some visuals if reading's not your main thing.
Original article by EarlyGame's Lukas Ballat.