Call of Duty: Vanguard had its first Alpha over the weekend, and we've already had the first error. What is Vanguard Error Code Hunter-Gruber, and how does it effect CoD Vanguard? Let's take a look at how to fix Call of Duty: Vanguard's Error Code Hunter-Gruber.
Yes, you read that right. Call of Duty: Vanguard is not going to be out for another two months, but we already have a pretty major error code to contend with. Annoying, right? Vanguard's Error Code Hunter-Gruber might not be widespread yet, but that's simply because the game isn't bloody out yet. A solid number of Alpha players experienced this particular problem, and due to the nature of the error code, we expect it to be in the final release too. Thus, here's how to fix Vanguard Error Code Hunter-Gruber.
Stick to EarlyGame for those error codes, and for our fantastic Vanguard coverage. Here's a taster:
- CoD: Vanguard Multiplayer Reveal Is Coming Next Week
- The CoD: Vanguard Alpha - A Complete Review
- The CoD: Vanguard Alpha - How Do The Weapons Feel?
What is CoD Vanguard's Error Code Hunter-Gruber?
Call of Duty: Vanguard's Error Code Hunter-Gruber is an error that appears when there are problems connecting to the Vanguard servers. This could be caused either by internet connectivity issues on the player's part, or by server issues on Activision's end. The Hunter-Gruber Error occurred for a number of players during the Vanguard Alpha, and thus we believed it was worth giving you some tips-and-tricks on how to fix server connectivity problems.
It is not unusual, nor unlikely, that a game in its Alpha will suffer some issues. It's an Alpha, after all, so it's the first public version of the game, and will be used for fixing bugs and glitches, as well as making the game a generally better experience to play. Why, then, did I mention that the Vanguard Hunter-Gruber Error Code will probably be in the final release? Well, no matter how many bugs and glitches a developer fixes, there will always be occasional server problems, or problems with player's internet connections. Thus, Error Code Hunter-Gruber is here to stay...
Keep in mind that these CoD Vanguard Error Code Hunter-Gruber fixes will not work for everyone, and are based on the presumption that the error is being caused by player's internet connection. These fixes are also liable to change once the Beta has launched, as well as the main-game in November.
How to Fix CoD Vanguard's Error Code Hunter-Gruber
- Have you tried turning it off and on again? Power cycle your PC, PlayStation, or Xbox.
- To Power Cycle an Xbox:
- Press and hold the Xbox Power Button for 10 seconds.
- After the console is completely turned off, pull out the power cable.
- Wait a moment and plug the cable back in.
- Restart the Xbox.
- To Power Cycle a PlayStation:
- Hold down the PlayStation Power Button until you hear two beeps.
- Unplug the console power cord.
- Wait 10 seconds, and then plug the console back in.
- Restart the PlayStation.
- To Power Cycle an Xbox:
- Reboot your router by unplugging it, plugging it back in again, and waiting five minutes.
- Complete a factory reset of your router. Do this by using the small hole generally found on the back of the modem.
- Try reinstalling Call of Duty: Vanguard from scratch. Make sure you delete all background data, save files, cache, and update data before reinstalling.
- Connect your PC or console to the internet via a different network, or via a LAN cable, to determine if it is your local network, or the WiFi receiver itself, respectively.
- If it turns out to be a problem with the CoD: Vanguard servers, pray to our lord and savior, Sledgehammer Games, to fix their bloody game.
We hope that this at least helps a little. It might seem a little weird for us to pre-emptively present a solution for the Call of Duty: Vanguard Error Code Hunter-Gruber, but trust us – it's worth it! Let's be real, if you know that there's going to be a problem, you better get in there early with a solution. Hopefully, the Vanguard Beta and full-launch goes smoothly, and issues don't arise with the servers, but let's be honest: it will happen! Thus, when it happens, we better be ready.
We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available about the CoD Vanguard Error Code Hunter-Gruber. Once the game has launched, more solutions will likely become known and available.
- The CoD: Vanguard Alpha - How Strict Is The SBMM In Vanguard?
- The CoD: Vanguard Alpha - How Does Champion Hill Work?
- Call of Duty Vanguard Beta: Release Date, How to Access & FAQs
Welcome to EarlyGame, your one-stop-shop for everything Esports and Gaming. Check out MyEarlyGame for an exclusive and customizable experience, and to become part of the EarlyGame family. Get engaged on Twitter and Facebook.