The Call of Duty: Vanguard beta servers will open up again this weekend - but what maps and modes will you get to play? Here are the deets.
We're approaching the open beta weekend, and we'll be right by your side with all the guides and weapon setups you need throughout the event. Luckily we were grinding the alpha-like nobody's business, so we've already got some of these tips for you:
- 5 Tips For Anyone Joining The CoD: Vanguard Beta This Weekend
- Ranking Every Weapon In CoD: Vanguard - From S-Tier To The Shadowrealm
But let's get to the Modes and Maps in CoD: Vanguard's Beta.
What Modes Will Be Playable In The CoD: Vanguard Beta?
We're getting a selection of classic Call of Duty modes in the beta - and two new ones - but you'll be able to further customize your matchmaking by searching for specific lobby styles; Blitz, Assault, or Tactical. So you'll be playing games you should be familiar with, like Domination for instance, but you can play it as either Blitz Domination, Assault Domination, or Tactical Domination.
Here are the classic modes coming this beta weekend:
- Search & Destroy
- Kill Confirmed
- Team Deathmatch
And here are the new modes:
A solid selection then, we particularly enjoyed Patrol, but if you're still curious as to how the three different versions of each game mode will play, here's how they explain Combat Pacing:
- Tactical: These are the lobbies that franchise veterans know well. This is the experience that you're used to with classic Call of Duty combat timing. Tactical Combat Pacing is always 6v6.
- Assault: Balanced combat pacing that gives you enough room to breathe and a lot of targets to kill. A middle ground between Tactical and Blitz. In Beta Weekend 1, player counts will vary between 20-28 players.
- Blitz: High-action lobbies where the intensity is cranked up to frenetic levels. Prepare for plenty of combat when choosing to join a Blitz. In Beta Weekend 1, player counts will vary between 28-48 players.
The Game Pacing actually does work. Although we imagine it could split the player base though; Blitz was overwhelmingly popular among play testers previously.
- Ranking Every Weapon From The CoD: Vanguard Alpha
- Leak: Warzone Pacific Map Release Date
- Warzone: The Best MAC-10 Setup & Loadout
What Maps Will Be Playable In The CoD: Vanguard Beta?
We know that you will get all the maps that we've seen so far in early access playtesting:
- Champion Hill - This is really 4 gunfight maps that have been grouped together for a tourney-style mode. They're all set in a North African military base.
- Red Star - A 10v10 size map set in a snowy, and heavily-bombed Russian city. This was really great for objective modes, but it's a poor TDM match.
- Gavutu - Perhaps the best-designed map, this is strictly a 6v6 environment, but it flows well. It's also the most vibrant map - set on the exotic coastline of a Pacific island.
- Hotel Royal - This map was chaos. It's well-designed for 6v6 Search and Destroy, but when they increase the player count for Blitz it becomes hectic. Though many fans will love that.
But quite mysteriously, they said the following about maps in their community post about the beta:
Available in Week Two.
Now Eagle's Nest is obviously Hitler's hideaway in Salzburg, which was an actual mountain estate that did exist and was used privately by the dictator. But this also suggests two more additional maps are coming - giving us six maps to play in the beta. BOCW barely launched with six maps...
Good luck getting into the servers this weekend! While you wait, you can get a small glimpse of these maps in the trailer:
Are you happy with the selection on offer? Have they missed anything obvious? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter, and remember, you should consider joining MyEarlyGame today for exclusive tourneys and loads of great giveaways!