EA Sports have released a pack of so-called Shapeshifters – players whose position and overall ratings have been drastically changed from their original settings.
FIFA 20 Shapeshifters – not what you were used to
The Shapeshifters pack contains 18 player cards. Each one of the “green” cards comes with a new position and a new overall rating for the player to whom it belongs, hence the pack’s title. It’s easy to pick up the highlight of this pack with Lionel Messi stamped at the top of it. The Argentinian demi-God shines among the Shapeshifters with a 96-rated CF card – five overall points better than the second highest-rated player.
The full list of Shapeshifters can be seen below:
- CF: Lionel Messi – 96 OVR (Barcelona)
- CAM: Marcelo – 91 OVR (Real Madrid)
- CDM: David Luiz – 91 OVR (Arsenal)
- RW: Wissam Ben Yedder – 90 OVR (Monaco)
- LW: Dries Mertens – 90 OVR (Napoli)
- CAM: Riyad Mahrez – 89 OVR (Manchester City)
- CAM: Henrikh Mkhitaryan – 88 OVR (Roma)
- CM: Marcos Acuña – 87 OVR (Sporting CP)
- CB: Idrissa Gueye – 87 OVR (Paris Saint-Germain)
- CB: Geoffrey Kondogbia – 87 OVR (Valencia)
- RM: Lucas Moura – 87 OVR (Tottenham Hotspur)
- LB: Renato Sanches 86 OVR (Lille)
- ST: Youcef Atal – 86 OVR (Nice)
- CDM: Lucas Olaza – 86 OVR (Celta de Vigo)
- RB: Hans Hateboer – 86 OVR (Atalanta)
- CDM: Kevin Mbabu – 86 OVR (Wolfsburg)
- CAM: Florian Kainz – 85 OVR (Köln)
- CB: Nahitan Nández – 84 OVR (Cagliari)
Not everyone is pleased
This new pack did not come without some controversy. Many complaints flooded EA Sports’ Twitter account that none of the players on it are playing outside Europe’s top 5 leagues (English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga, French Ligue 1), which has been a legitimate complaint about TOTW starters as well.
While it is unlikely that EA would do anything about that, they were at least fast to respond to another user complaint. The red letters on green font that the original Shapeshifter cards came with proved discomforting for some. A quick update on EA’s behalf did away with the problem, converting the lettering to white.