Epic Games is getting ready to release a huge new update that lays the foundation for the big Cosmic Summer event. We have all the patch notes for Fortnite Update 17.10 for you!
The Fortnite servers are down and a new update is coming! We already told you that Fortnite is planning a big Cosmic Summer Celebration event and now it's finally starting! But of course, that's not all. We'll tell you when the Fortnite downtime is over and what news awaits you on the island.
- Read More: How To Craft Weapons in Fortnite Season 7
The downtime for the v17.10 Fortnite update starts earlier than most updates today. The downtime started at 9:30 AM CET in the morning.
It is not clear how long the server downtime will last, but the servers usually come back online around 11 AM. You'll just have to hold out for a bit until you can jump back into Battle Royale!
Fortnite 17.10 Patch Notes
As always, Epic Games is keeping quiet about Fortnite's patch notes, but at least we were able to find a few hints about the update. It's no surprise that the patch seems to be the basis for the Cosmic Summer event. There will be some cool quests, rewards, and maybe even a big party. Brace yourselves – it looks like the update will even allow us to enter the mothership! This is what Epic teased via the official Fortnite Status Twitter account.
A new surprise descends. A way inside the Mothership?— Fortnite Status (@FortniteStatus) June 21, 2021
Fortnite v17.10 is scheduled for release on June 22. In preparation for the update, services will be disabled starting at approx. 03:30 AM ET (07:30 UTC). pic.twitter.com/zrJ4j8mrrU
Arena Hype points will also be reset as the competitive preseason comes to an end. This means you start at 0 points and can grind in to advance to the Champions League again. Of course, there are also a bunch of bug fixes that Epic had to take care of. Here's the full list:
General Bug Fixes:
The Item Shop update notice does not clear after visiting the Item Shop.
Battle Royale Bug Fixes:
- Taking damage through cars while in motion
- Ability to change loot pools in Battle Lab temporarily disabled
- Character Collection Book incompletable due to missing entries
- Saucers may become inoperable if a beamed-up object falls on it.
- Bunnywolf and Llion Sets temporarily disabled.
- One-handed Pickaxes continue to perform extra swings
While we wait for v17.10, here are all the bugs we know are set to be fixed in todays update! pic.twitter.com/Uh7X95mCBb— iFireMonkey (@iFireMonkey) June 22, 2021
Creative Bug Fixes:
- Rounds not reporting correct placements
- We're investigating an issue that is causing the Hud Controller device to appear as default when using join in progress.
- Images are cut off in the Discover tab
- The player can encounter an infinite loading screen when flying out of Island
Mobile Bug Fixes:
- No indicator on mobile/Nintendo Switch for the Saucer boost cooldown and charges
- Nintendo Switch players unable to gift cosmetics, Bundles, or Battle Pass on controller
That's it for the 17.10 Patch Notes in Fortnite Update!
- Fortnite Season 7 Exotic Weapons Locations
- All Fortnite Dead Drop Locations in The Weeping Woods
- Fortnite: What’s in the Item Shop Today?
Original article by EarlyGame's Alisa Eiber.