Turning off the Nintendo Switch completely is more tricky than you would actually expect. Here's a quick tutorial of how to not just put the Switch into stand-by mode, but fully turn it of.
The Nintendo Switch is great for playing your favorite games on the go or at home. Usually, you put the Switch into standby mode after playing, which makes the console quickly available again later.
Although the console can be put into standby mode to save energy, it can also be useful under certain conditions to completely turn off the Switch, for example, to save battery or solve problems. Here's how to do it.
Switch 2 Release: Nintendo Announce First Official Details
Nintendo Switch: How to turn it off completely
- Hold down the power button on the top of the console for at least three seconds. This will display a menu on the screen that offers you several options, including "Power options."
- Use the Joy-Con controllers and select "Power options" by pressing the "A" button.
- Use the Joy-Con controllers to select "Power off" and press the "A" button.
- After confirming your selection, the Switch will take a few seconds to turn off completely. When the screen goes black and the console no longer makes any sounds or vibrations, it is turned off.
- To turn the Switch back on, simply press the power button on the top of the console or the home button on the controller for a few seconds until the Nintendo logo appears on the screen.
And that's it! With these simple steps, you can completely turn off your Nintendo Switch.
Hidden In Your Nintendo Switch: Awesome Features You Should Start Using
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.