LoL Patch 11.12 saw only a few changes to the meta. No item changes really happened, we got a few champion adjustments, but nothing too crazy. Well, that is all going to change with LoL Patch 11.13.
New items are joining, mobility is being adjusted, Ezreal won’t be a mid lane monster anymore and Tahm Kench is getting a rework. With so much new stuff happening on the Rift in Patch 11.13, where do we even start?
11.13 Patch Preview with full changes.— Mark Yetter (@MarkYetter) June 15, 2021
This'll be my last preview before moving teams, I'll update you all next week with more info about how we're sharing these in the future. pic.twitter.com/BylvBcdxn3
Champion Buffs in LoL Patch 11.13
Mark Yetter tweeted – as usual – and currently, there are four champions on the list of buffs. One of which is our dear friend Dr. Mundo who will be getting buffed for the jungle position specifically – thankfully we have a guide for that, so you can master the Mundo jungle meta.
- Dr. Mundo isn't the only champion we have guides on. If you want to play a different jungle style, try out Kindred. And if the jungle isn't your pot of tea, then try Lux as a support or Ahri in the mid lane. Ashe is also a good champion, and we can't forget about Akali!
Aphelios and Xayah are also in desperate need of some love. Even after the Patch 11.12 buffs, Aphelios just isn’t someone players seem to want to play and Xayah has been down in the dumps for a while in Solo Queue.
- Aphelios - His passive is getting an AD and lethality increase per level. This means Aphelios will do more damage, will heal more with his Severum gun and be a lot more impactful throughout the game.
- Xayah - Xayah's buff to her Q really isn't what she needs. Q is the ability you should max last and buffing it means her late game might get a bit of an increase, but overall, this won't affect her at all.
- Dr. Mundo (jungle) - Mundo's buff in LoL Patch 11.13 has been postponed to a later date. RIP. No Jungle Mundo buffs for now.
- Olaf - Olaf is getting 7 more health per level. This means he will be healthier when getting out of the jungle, he will be harder to kill and so this buff is legit for Olaf in LoL Patch 11.13.
Champion Nerfs in LoL Patch 11.13
Three champions are on the current nerf list. Rumble has been too dominant in the mid lane, and he will have some of his lane dominance cut. He’s been the strongest Yordle for a while, and it’s time for another to take the top spot from him.
- Rumble - To get Rumble out of the jungle, Riot is taking a look at his W. In the jungle, players tend to start with W, overheating and gaining a shield. Sadly that is all going to change in LoL Patch 11.13, since the cooldown has increased and the movement speed gained has been lessened.
- Lee Sin - His E damage has been lowered in later stages of the game. Will this dissuade people from playing Lee Sin in the top lane or the mid lane? Nope. Maybe people just won't max E first and choose Q instead.
- Riven - She has been dominating the top lane and is getting a nerf to her E shield. You won't be blocking as much damage anymore, but don't you worry. Riven is still a solid pick in LoL Patch 11.13. Since the cooldown on the ability is so short, you can just spam the shield without having to worry, even if it's less powerful.
Froggers Tahm Kench rework is on PBE, here are his tooltips pic.twitter.com/oH94De4cuQ— Spideraxe (@Spideraxe30) June 8, 2021
Champion Adjustments in LoL Patch 11.13
Two champions will get adjusted. One of them is Tahm Kench who is getting a small rework done to his kit. According to what we’ve seen on PBE, it seems like players will have to think very carefully of when to gobble up an opponent or friend due to the long cooldown on his devour. Some even believe that he will shift from the support role to another spot on Summoner’s Rift completely.
- Tahm Kench in the top lane? Well then get ready for these crazy Stridebreaker Kench builds or maybe something like Goredrinker Tahm?
Viego, who has been the star of the 11th League of Legends season thus far, thanks to the Ruination, will also be adjusted. He’s been too dominant in the mid lane and Riot wants to put him back in his place – the jungle.
To do so, they've decided to half the healing on his Q when killing minions. This means his sustain in lane has been hit. Hard. To make up for that nerf to his Q though, Riot is buffing his E with added movement speed, missile speed and length. This is done, so he can get around the map quicker to gank lanes, but this also means mid lane Viego gained in power in LoL Patch 11.13.
Item Buffs and Nerfs in LoL Patch 11.13
A single item is on the nerf list of LoL Patch 11.13 and that’s Divine Sunderer. No surprise there. It is important to note that only ranged champions will be getting this Divine Sunderer nerf. Ezreal was just too powerful with the item in the bot lane, slapping opponents left and right.
Two new items should be going live in LoL Patch 11.13 though. Hullbreaker is going to break the meta with the split pushing abilities of a demi-god while Anathema’s Chains will try to directly counter the split push with its 'nemesis' passive.
Four other items are on the buff list for LoL Patch 11.13. Mages will be happy to see that their items are going to be a bit cheaper in Patch 11.13, which means they'll be able to utilize their powers a bit sooner.
- Liandry’s Anguish - Cost decrease from 3400 Gold to 3200 Gold.
- Luden’s Tempest - Cost decrease from 3400 Gold to 3200 Gold.
- Everfrost - Cost decrease from 3400 Gold to 3200 Gold.
- Moonstone Renewer - Heal and shield power per stack is up by 1% per stack. This could mean that Moonstone users like Karma or Lulu will actually buy the item again instead of going to Shurelya's.
Mobility reduction changes coming to PBE. Feedback appreciated. https://t.co/9gW2dbPTIj— Mark Yetter (@MarkYetter) June 8, 2021
Mobility Adjustments Coming in LoL Patch 11.13
As we’ve mentioned before, there are quite a few adjustments coming to mobility in LoL Patch 11.13. Items are going to have some of their mobility either taken out completely or merely adjusted. Five items are getting complete mobility nerfs, while six are merely being adjusted.
Items getting mobility nerfed:
- Shurelya’s Battlesong - The passive movement speed is staying the same, but the active movement speed gain is being lowered from 60% to 30%. Not too bad, since this item is mostly built for the passive movement speed gain.
- Cosmic Drive - You're losing some movement speed from the passive, but in return gain AP. I'll take it.
- Nimbus Cloak - The movement speed per threshold is being lowered in LoL Patch 11.13.
- Galeforce - Instead of 3% movement speed from the mythic passive, players only gain 2% movement speed. RIP all you immobile bot lane champions.
- Prowler’s Claw - The cooldown has increased and champions cannot dash to minions anymore, only to other champions. This will have a huge impact on champions like Zed and Qiyana, who have been abusing this item for a while now.
Items getting mobility adjusted:
- Stridebreaker - The Halting Slash dash was removed in LoL Patch 11.13. The active can be used while moving though, and the AD ratio has changed from 75% to 100%.
- Trinity Force - Movement speed on-hit has been lowered, but you gain more AD! You lose a bit, but you also gain something with this item change.
- Lich Bane - You gain 2% less movement speed, but an added 5 AP. Honestly? Kind of a decent trade.
- Black Cleaver - You gain 50 more HP, but to compensate for this change, you're losing movement speed per stack. RIP.
- Dead Man’s Plate - The charge time of your active auto-attack is being lowered from 8 seconds to 4 seconds, so you'll be hitting a lot more often. Sadly, the movement speed you get from the passive is being nerfed.
- Death’s Dance - The heal from takedowns is increased from 10% to 15%, while the added movement speed from takedowns is removed. Makes sense because of the mobility which Riot has been targeting with these changes.
Overall, LoL Patch 11.13 should be far bigger than the previous patch with huge champion adjustments as well as new items. Check back tomorrow for a full list of changes!