The Arena mode has been positively received by the League of Legends community. It offers a welcome change of pace to Summoner's Rift and Howling Abyss, where players exclusively spend their time on nowadays. After the first week in action, Riot have determined some balance outliers and introduced a list of changes to put them back in line.
In case you need a refresher on which combos you should play in Arena mode, check out this article. The greatest part about it is that only one of our champions got nerfed, so you can still pick them up!
Let us start off with champion buffs. Two fan favorites have been struggling to keep up with the opposition, so they get a little help.
- Lux – P Damage Ratio: 20% AP ⇒ 35% AP
- Zoe – P Damage Ratio: 20% AP ⇒ 35% AP
A whole set of champions needs additional systemic assistance, and these changes to crit items and the Dashing augment should be able to help them out.
- Baseline Critical Strike Damage: 175% ⇒ 190%
- Dashing (Augment): 150 Ability Haste for movement abilities ⇒ 200 Ability Haste for movement abilities
Nerfs To Overperformers Include Various Champions And An Item
Have you found a certain champion that does a little too much in the Arena? Chances are they feature on this list of nerfs.
- Learn more about the LoL universe with Ruination: A League of Legends Novel!
Remember when all of Reddit was outraged over Heimerdinger's power in this game mode? His reign of terror is finally over, as he receives quite a big set of nerfs. Taric also receives another slap on the wrist, as does Guinsoo's Rageblade. You may argue that items do not have wrists, but we stand by our statement that it received a slap on the wrist regardless.
- Annie – R Base Damage On-Cast: 150/275/500 ⇒ 125/225/325
- Annie – Tibbers Swipe AP Ratio: 15% ⇒ 10%
- Annie – Tibbers: AD 50/75/100 ⇒ 25/50/75
- Annie – Tibbers Aura Damage: 20/30/40 ⇒ 15/20/25
- Heimerdinger – Q Turret Base Damage: 6/9/12/15/18 ⇒ 4/6/8/10/12
- Heimerdinger – R Turret Base Damage: 70/85/100 ⇒ 50/65/80
- Heimerdinger – -5% Damage Dealt (stacks with the above nerfs)
- Illaoi – Healing Per Tentacle Hit: 4.5% missing health ⇒ 3.5% missing health
- Illaoi – Q Tentacle Bonus Damage: 10/15/20/25/30% ⇒ 5/10/15/20/25%
- Illaoi – E Damage Transfer Base Value: 25/30/35/40/45% ⇒ 25/27.5/30/32.5/35%
- Illaoi – +5% Damage Taken
- Kayle – -10% Damage Dealt
- Kayn – -5% Damage Dealt, +5% Damage Taken
- Shaco – -30 Ability Haste on Q
- Shaco – W Fear Duration: 0.5/0.625/0.75/0.875/1 second ⇒ 0.5 seconds at all ranks
- Taric – P Damage: 25~93 (+15% Armor) ⇒ 22.5~46.5 (+10% Armor)
- Taric – W Bonus Armor: 10/11/12/13/14% ⇒ 5/5.5/6/6.5/7%
- Guinsoo's Rageblade – Base Stats: 30 AD, 30 AP, 40% AS ⇒ 25 AD, 25 AP, 30% AS
All of these changes are live already, no waiting for a new patch to drop!
- LoL: Champions For New Coven Skins Leaked
- LoL Patch 13.15: Kai'Sa To Receive Much Needed Balance Changes
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.