In LoL Patch 13.16 Riot is going to be making some key changes to the surrender tool. Here's what you need to know.
LoL Patch 13.16 is going to be released soon and while Riot has already outlined major changes to some of the most annoying items in the game, as well as given us a huge list of LoL Arena buffs and nerfs, there are a few other changes that will hit the rift soon.
The surrender vote is going to be getting some adjustments in the upcoming League of Legends patch, which will hopefully be actual improvements for the game.
LoL Patch 13.16: Surrender Vote Will Finally Receive Updates
The surrender vote is finally going to be getting some updates in LoL Patch 13.16, with Riot tackling toxicity in League of Legends little by little. While most might not think that surrendering is toxic, the way some players consistently spam the FF vote in a game is anything but wholesome.
- Get the Logitech G Pro Wireless LoL-Edition Gaming Mouse for the best quality!
Therefore, Riot is going to be making some key changes to the surrender vote. Riot Chris "RiotAuberaun" Roberts, Product Lead on the League of Legends Summoner's Rift team revealed on Twitter – or as it's now called X – what changes will be hitting the rift in LoL Patch 13.16.
- The name of the player that started the surrender vote is no longer revealed
- After starting a surrender vote, the player that started the surrender vote will not be able to begin another vote for 6 minutes. Note, the team cooldown on calling for a surrender vote remains unchanged at 3 minutes and takes priority over individual cooldowns.
- The surrender vote will automatically resolve when a vote can no longer pass and will no longer remain open waiting for players to vote.
- The surrender box text has been updated to reflect the type of surrender vote being called: Surrender, AFK Surrender, or Remake.
We've got some surrender updates hitting PBE going in for 13.16. Intention here is to make surrendering more of a team action rather than 1 person spamming FF every 3 minutes, along with other misc improvements. We plan on doing more of this type of systems work going forward. pic.twitter.com/DPWfDAXTUL— Chris Roberts (@RiotAuberaun) August 10, 2023
For the best sound while playing League of Legends, or just gaming in general, make sure to try out the Bose QuietComfort Noise Cancelling Headphones!
He explained that the intention behind these changes is to "make surrendering more to a team action rather than 1 person spamming FF every 3 minutes".
While the changes have been pretty well received, some players do worry that they will be "held hostage" in upcoming games by players who don't want to FF. Hopefully these changes go over well with the community and make the games a little bit better.
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.