Psyonix has revealed that Rocket League is getting 120Hz on PlayStation 5, in a surprise announcement. The 120Hz Rocket League update is coming sooner than you expect, and will include a bunch of other Quality and Performance modes. Let's take a look at the Rocket League 120fps update, what is coming in the new Quality and Performance modes, and the Rocket League 120Hz update release date...
Okay, okay, okay, Rocket League has had 120Hz on PC for ages. It really should have had it on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S at launch. It really is wild. Anyway, 120Hz is coming to PS5, and we can't wait to dive right-on-in. We're going to take a look at the details right here, at EarlyGame. Sounds fun, right? I reckon so. Let's take a look at the new Rocket league 120Hz PS5 update...
Oh my goodness, Rocket League is getting 120Hz on PS5? That's nuts! What else is coming to Rocket League? Well... it might have been last week, but here's everything that came in Season 4...
- Ratchet & Clank Coming Free to Rocket League on PS5
- What's in the Rocket League Season 4 Rocket Pass?
- Rocket League Outlaw Hitbox, Price & Details
Rocket League is getting new video quality settings, including the ability to play the game at 120Hz. Here are the details...
What's Coming in the Rocket League 120fps Update?
- Rocket League 120Hz
- Video Quality Settings: Quality
- 4K resolution at 60 FPS with HDR
- HDR requires HDR10 compatible display and HDMI 2.0 cable or better
- 4K capable display required to experience 4K. If a 1080p display is used, the game will render at 1080p supersampled from 4K
- Video Quality Settings: Performance
- Game runs at 2688×1512 resolution (70% of full 4K) at 120 FPS with HDR
- Game UI runs in 4K
- 4K capable display required to experience 4K UHD. If a 1080p display is used, the game will render at 1080p supersampled from 2688×1512
- HDR and 120 FPS require a compatible display, as well as Ultra High Speed HDMI 2.1 cable
These are excerpts from the PlayStation & Psyonix announcement, which have all the Rocket League 120Hz details. For a more in-depth look at this announcement, check out the press release on the official PlayStation website!
What is the Rocket League 120Hz Release Date?
Rocket League will be getting its 120fps update on PlayStation 5 on August 18, 2021. Yep, that's right: that's tomorrow! Holy cow! Tomorrow? It's already out? Yep, it's almost out, and that's freakin' nuts! Isn't that absolutely crazy? Okay, I'll stop geeking out. I mean, let's be real... you could already play Rocket League at 120Hz on PC for ages, so... it's not that insane. Anyway, enjoy the update, and eat a pizza...
- What's in the Rocket League Item Shop Today?
- What is Rocket League Bumperball?
- What is Rank Disparity in Rocket League?
Welcome to EarlyGame, your one-stop-shop for everything Esports and Gaming. Check out MyEarlyGame for an exclusive and customizable experience, and to become part of the EarlyGame family. Get engaged on Twitter and Facebook.