Valorant players were overjoyed with the arrival of Episode 3 Act 1 in patch 3.00. It added the new agent KAY/O, tweaked weapon and ability prices, and nerfed run and gun. What's coming with patch 3.01?
Valorant's last patch came out on June 22 and following Riot's two-week rule per update, 3.01 should've already been out. The good news is that it only got delayed a single day, so expect the update later today. Riot officially confirmed that the 3.01 patch will be coming out on July 7. What caused Riot's decision to push the patch back, was the celebrations around 4th of July in the US. In addition, the delay would give devs some extra time to smooth things out in the new patch.
What To Expect From Valorant Patch 3.01
Our expectations for patch 3.01 aren't that high, as Valorant just entered a new Episode two weeks ago. With the amount of content that came out with patch 3.00, we don't really see the next update adding much. The 3.01 update will probably be focused on the quality of life changes, bug fixes, and various tweaks for some abilities. Who knows, though, we might see some changes in the current patch get reverted.
- Read More: Valorant Rank Distribution in Episode 3
Patch 3.01 goes out tomorrow . Expect the usual patch times based on your region.— VALORANT (@PlayVALORANT) July 6, 2021
KAY/O is the newest agent on the Valorant roster, and he's shaking up the meta. Much like any other new agent, we'll probably see some changes to his kit. Will the robot agent get buffed or nerfed? His unique suppression mechanic is what makes him powerful against the enemy team, and it might be too OP at the moment.
Patch 3.00 also made some big changes to the in-game economy. The more underused weapons got a discount on their prices, while some of the most powerful agent abilities became more costly.
To that end, we have taken a pass at the entire economy of the game, changing weapon and ability prices so they better suit their impact on a match and allow players to create more dynamic, varied loadouts, and strategies
Whether Riot overdid it with some abilities like Raze's Boom Bot now costing 400 credits instead of 200 credits will become clear once patch 3.01 is out.
Valorant 3.01 Patch Notes
The patch notes for 3.01 are out and as expected it didn't include much. Even the devs admit it.
As we hope you can tell from the bug fixes below, we’re still tackling a few issues, and letting the major Patch 3.0 changes play out while we spot some potential future changes.
- Sage’s can no longer place Barrier Orb on some projectiles while they’re in the air
- Fixed bug where Skye was able to activate the flash of Guiding Light while suppressed
- Fixed the ability to heal KAY/O while downed in NULL/CMD
- Fixed Sova’s Recon Bolt projectile from looking deployed for enemies when flying through the air
- Fixed a bug where you were able to abuse text chat colors to impersonate system messages
- Fixed a bug where the invite button UI overlapped with Defender Coach UI in Custom Games
- Fixed bug where names were appearing as question marks if you had the “Use Generic Names for Players Outside my Party” setting turned on
- Fixed alignment issues in Observer view
- Fixed Account Leveling issue where some of you got a lower level than intended
- If impacted, you will receive your correct Account Level and will keep the AP gained while playing at the incorrect level.
- Fixed visual issues affecting Account Leveling at the End of Game screen
The Account Leveling bug is no more. In case you didn't get enough levels at the start of Episode 3 Act 1, now you should be up to speed.
- Read More: Shroud Is Making His Own Valorant Team