We're currently in Valorant Episode 3 Act 1 and Riot Games just deployed a new patch with the 3.03 update. We have all the details and the full patch notes. Viper and Yoru get some attention, but not the good kind.
Patch 3.00 was a big one for Valorant. It introduced the new Episode 3 and brought a lot of changes to the weapon economy and ability prices. In addition, several agents were changed, with some even getting a partial rework. As expected, Riot didn't add anything new in the next update, which was patch 3.01. Many of us hoped to finally see those Yoru buffs and some other features in patch 3.02, but Riot seems to be focusing on bug fixes and quality of life improvements instead. The trend continues with patch 3.03 and Yoru buffs have once again been delayed! The devs had this to say on the matter:
Hey all, wanna touch on the Yoru changes we were hoping to get out by 3.02. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, the team is going to have to indefinitely delay the Yoru updates. We’re in a situation at the moment where certain resources needed to do this work are unavailable to us. As soon as we get a clearer picture of when we can ship these changes, you’ll be the first to know. Sincere apologies to everyone who has been looking forward to these.
Hey, at least they didn't blame the pandemic, but it is anyone's guess what they meant by a lack of resources. Once again, we get a fairly minor patch with only small changes, save the Viper Pit nerf!
- Read More: Who made it to Berlin Masters so far?
Valorant Patch 3.03 Official Patch Notes
Patch 3.03 arrived today, and you can check the full notes below. Some annoying agent bugs were resolved.
Agent Updates: Viper
- Fixed a bug where Viper’s Pit started forming at the cursor placement point instead of around Viper.
Riot goes on to explain that this was a bug that appeared as a buff, but has now been reverted to how they initially wanted Viper Pit to work. Yes, sorry Viper mains, you just got nerfed!
Game Play Technology Updates
- You can now turn on "Use Advanced Options" to additionally customize your ADS crosshair and sniper scope center dot.
- You can now save and switch between multiple crosshair profiles.
- Added a setting to set a minimum firing error across all weapons
- Added a setting to use the primary crosshair with shotguns
Riot plans to allow players to share their crosshair setting, but at a later date.
- You can now shoot through Radianite crates, with appropriate weapons, from all angles.
Updated ziplines to allow the 'Use' key, so you can detach at any point
- Added a system that enables us to automatically revert any AFK penalties applied to you in the event of unexpected server instability.
- Autobalance button added for custom games with > 6 players based on players' MMR.
- Fixed a bug where Killjoy’s turret was not affected by concuss.
- Fixed Astra’s Gravity Well from pulling people while they were attached to ascenders.
- Fixed a bug where Astra could activate Dissipate while attached to ascenders.
- Fixed Boombot, Owl Drone, and Fakeout from destroying Sage’s Barrier Orb if placed in a way that overlapped a segment of the barrier wall.