Say what you will about Battlefield 2042 (and we certainly haven't held back on criticism ourselves) but at least they haven't abandoned the project. Major updates have been getting churned out at an impressive rate. And on this page you can always find the latest news about upcoming updates and fresh patch notes.
When Is Battlefield 2042 updated?
The weekly Battlefield 2042 update occurs every Thursday at 11:00 ET (16:00 GMT, 17:00 CET), give or take a couple of hours. You can expect a new playlist every week, and a new set of weekly challenges, unless they make a drastic change. But major balance changes and bug fixes are only ever part of larger updates that take place at that time on Thursdays every 3 weeks or so. If they change this schedule, we will let you know here immediately.
Battlefield 2042 Update 3.3 Patch Notes (March 8)
Battlefield 2042 Update 3.3 mainly brings bug fixes and the "apology" bundle for Gold and Ultimate Edition owners.
- Match Overview has been improved and placed on the left of the screen.
- The Scoreboard now features a team vs team split look for certain team-based modes such as Conquest, Breakthrough, Rush and Team Deathmatch, alongside the inclusion of the deaths stat to the Scoreboard.
- This is the first version of the Scoreboard, and further improvements will be made to this in subsequent updates.
Steadfast Exclusive Legendary Bundle
- A bundle for all owners of the Gold or Ultimate Edition or the Year 1 Pass.
- Zero Resistance Skin for Mackay
- Grasshopper Weapon Skin for the K30
- Rapid Hammer Weapon Skin for the M44
- Iron Chariot Vehicle Skin for the M5C Bolte
- Rib Tickler Melee Weapon Skin
- Resolute Player Card Background
- The Steadfast Player Card Icon
- Fixed a game crash that could occur on Origin or Xbox One when signing in/out while using an Xbox One controller
- Setting “Chat” Key Bindings no longer requires a game restart to take effect
- Adjusted Aim Assist on console to ensure that the system is in effect when analogue sticks are at 100% of their range. Previously it was only active at ranges below 100%
- Fixed a bug where takedowns would not result in a kill on Xbox One and PlayStation®4
- Established new location for our EU Data Centre as Frankfurt
- Conquest & Breakthrough - fixed a bug where the Securing Objective XP-event was triggered even after a Capture Point was already fully captured
- Hazard Zone - fixed a visual bug displaying squad mates during the match found sequence
- Hazard Zone - fixed a bug where the End of Round XP gains sometimes didn’t trigger
Battlefield 2042 Hotfix Update 1.08 Patch Notes (February 4)
On February 4, a hotfix was deployed to fix general stability issues. We didn't get full patch notes, but here's how the update was described by Battlefield Direct Communication:
We've just made a small #Battlefield2042 hotfix available across all platforms to address areas of game instability that we've noticed after the release of Update #3.2.— Battlefield Direct Communication (@BattlefieldComm) February 3, 2022
There's zero downtime, so you'll be good to jump in and play once you have it downloaded at 9AM UTC. pic.twitter.com/zCM3amB93r
A boring update, but it's still something.
Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2 Patch Notes (January 20)
- Fixed an issue where leaving a party during matchmaking could make the game unresponsive
- Fixed an issue where connecting to EA servers after signing up with a new account would not work on the first attempt
- Updated behavior of the quit button during gameplay, so it now returns you to the correct screen
- Fixed an issue where the loading music would stop playing during level load
- Fixed a rare occurrence where after landing with the Wingsuit, hits wouldn’t always register on some parts of Sundance’s hitbox
- Fixed occurrences of rubberbanding when running behind friendly players
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause you to be stuck in both an alive, and downed loop
- Fixed a variety of issues with attaching to ladders that could cause you to get stuck in a state where you could fly away or lose control of your Specialist
- Fixed an issue where soldier movement speed was impaired by nearby explosions that spawned craters
- Fixed an issue where camera shake and audio for landing would unintentionally trigger when dropping from very small heights
- Fixed an issue where weapons from a Loadout Crate would sometimes inherit ammo from the previously selected weapon
- Fixed an issue were being spotted when firing a weapon would spot you for too long
- Added multiple fixes to improve overall game stability
- Fixed a rendering related crash that could occur for AMD Radeon VII users while Sundance was visible on screen
- Sniper and SOFLAM scope glints now show from a further distance
- Fixed an issue where passenger weapons would no longer be in sync whenever the driver’s turret would rotate, causing bullets to not register when firing at enemies
- M1A5, T28 - improved the effective range and reduced spread on Canister Weapon Pod
- Reduced Bullet Spread from 1.6 -> 1.1
- Increased Damage Fall Off Distance from 35 -> 40
Battlefield Hazard Zone
- Fixed a black rectangle being present on screen during Hazard Zone end of round when hitting quit at the level progress screen
- The Server Info tab now persists after hitting Refresh in the Portal Server Browser
- Fixed an issue where text would overlap when joining a Team Deathmatch game during the end of round sequence
- Rules Editor - the “IsInventorySlotActive” value now correctly handles melee weapons
- Certain admin commands can no longer be spammed
These were the most recent patch notes, hopefully you saw what you wanted. If not, you can expect regular updates throughout 2022.
There's still a long road to go for Battlefield 2042, but the new year should also bring new content. We certainly know what we want from Portal…