Marvel has announced that it is delaying all of its upcoming movies. Here are the new release dates.
If you didn't know, Marvel had to temporarily shut down the production of Blade, due to the director leaving the project. Since Blade was firmly planned as an integral part of MCU's building blocks, the delay of the movie has consequences for every other movie: Avengers Secret Wars, Deadpool, Fantastic Four - most upcoming Marvel movies were delayed.
Marvel Movies - New Release Dates
A lot of the delays are quite substantial, pushing some movies into a new year entirely. Here are all the upcoming release dates, including the ones that had to be changed:
- Chevalier: April 27, 2023
- A Haunting in Venice: September 15, 2023
- Blade: September 6, 2024 (previously November 3, 2023)
- Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes: May 24, 2024
- Untitled Deadpool Movie: November 8, 2024 (previously September 6, 2024)
- Fantastic Four: February 14, 2025 (previously November 8, 2024)
- Untitled Marvel Movie: November 7, 2025 (previously February 14, 2025)
- Avengers: Secret Wars: May 1, 2026 (previously November 7, 2025)
- Untitled Marvel Movie 2: Removed from schedule (previously May 1, 2026)
In essence, this means that Phase 6 will no longer start in 2024, but instead will have to be pushed all the way into 2025. Phase 6 is supposed to be the MCU's biggest yet, and it was supposed to kick off with the Fantastic Four movie.
What worries me is the supposed reason for all these delays: Blade. More specifically, the Blade script which, supposedly, is only 90 pages long, of poor quality, and in need of rewrites. With the MCU being a shell of its former self as it is, such issues are worrying, and not exactly speaking to the quality of the movies returning to former glory. I hope I'm wrong about that though...