In a variety of different FIFA esports events, players can represent themselves, world famous esports organizations, real soccer clubs or their own country in 1vs1 and 2vs2 competitions. “FIFA competitive gaming is the future of global esports entertainment. It gives fans an even more intense gaming experience in their favorite game.", Brent Koning, VP of EA SPORTS Competitive Gaming, said. “FIFA offers football fans from all over the world the central platform on which they can write their own sports stories. The partnership with FIFA shows how important the eSports scene is for the mainstream as well. "
"Both newcomers and established superstars, solo or in a team, will inspire EA SPORTS FIFA players around the world and have the chance to become famous with their gaming skills," Christian Volk commented, Director of eFootball and Gaming at FIFA. "There is a historic season ahead of us."
EA SPORTS FIFA 22 Global Series: The Road to the FIFAe World Cup
- In the traditional 1vs1 FIFA competition format, there will be online tournaments in ten global regions. Qualification begins on November 27th. And registration for participation will open on October 4, 2021.
- More than 30 official league partners, including Bundesliga, Premier League, LaLiga, Ligue 1, MLS, CONMEBOL Libertadores and UEFA Champions League will give fans the opportunity to represent real clubs.
- The EA SPORTS FIFA 22 Global Series leaderboard is available on FIFA.GG.
Check out the FIFA 22 Global Series reveal trailer here:
The FIFAe Club Series Introduces 2vs2 Cups to FIFA Ultimate Team
- The 2022 FIFAe Club Series starts with its 2v2 competition in November. It starts with the FIFAe Club Online Qualifiers and continues with the new FUT Team of the Year Cup and the FUT Team of the Season Cup on the way to the FIFAe Club World Cup of 2022. Registration begins on October 5, 2021. Just click on this link.
The Battle of Countries in the FIFAe Nations Series
- In the FIFAe Nations Series 2022, member associations compete against each other in a global 2vs2 competition. In addition, the biggest stars are determined in national campaigns.
- All countries start their adventure in the FIFAe Nations Online Qualifiers and the best national teams make it to the FIFAe Nations Playoffs on the way to the FIFAe Nations Cup 2022. More information is available at FIFA.GG.
"Without the power of team spirit, there would be no football," said Sam Turkbas, FIFA Competitive Gaming Commissioner. “Our goal is to use this power and to network football fans from all over the world with their favorite game via eSports entertainment. Team-based FIFA competitive gaming will further accelerate the growth of the future football fan base."
The Power of Competitive Gaming
The first entertaining tournaments of the season, in which celebrities, soccer stars and top FIFA players demonstrate the full potential of the 2vs2 competition, will start in the upcoming days:
- September 30th: At the eSoccer Aid for UNICEF ft. FIFA 22 as part of Twitch Rivals, Team Soccer Aid World XI will play against Team England.
- October 21st: In the FIFA 22 Challenge, Electronic Arts presents top ambassadors from Team Adidas and Team EA SPORTS. The full list of participants and a special announcement for the FIFA Ultimate Team fans will follow.
Now you should have an overview of the upcoming esports season in FIFA 22! Check out these stories while you're here: