Fortnite fans will soon be able to download a brand new patch, as update 17.21 is coming to PC, consoles, and mobile devices, bringing new weapons and a live event to Fortnite.
Epic Games released the v17.20 update last week on Tuesday, adding customizable weapon slots to the game. Looks like we'll be getting even more new content! The Fortnite servers are down and to quench your thirst for knowledge, here's everything you can expect with the new Fortnite patch 17.21.
Fortnite update 17.21 launches alongside its usual Fortnite server downtime on July 27. The downtime started at 9:30 in the morning. It's not known how long the servers will be down, but they usually come back online around 11 AM. This time, they came back online a bit later, but were still up again before 12PM.
- Read More: Fortnite: What’s in the Item Shop Today?
Fortnite 17.21 Patch Notes
It seems like we'll be getting both new weapons and a live event for Fortnite with the new Fortnite Patch 17.21!
Gravity Gun and Plasma Cannon
Take up the power… of science!
Judging by the tweet, Epic Games will finally add the Gravity Gun to Fortnite Battle Royale.
Take up the power... of science!— Fortnite Status (@FortniteStatus) July 26, 2021
Fortnite v17.21 is scheduled for release on July 27. In preparation for the update, services will be disabled starting at approx. 03:30 AM ET (07:30 UTC). pic.twitter.com/MKAeasjDQL
The new weapon was teased in the Season 7 launch trailer before being added to the game files with last week's update. With this weapon, you'll be able to twirl enemies and objects in the air, similar to the UFOs.
However, another mythical weapon is also believed to be coming to Fortnite. Leaker HYPEX teases the plasma cannon. This weapon shoots a slow-moving ball of energy that electrocutes nearby objects and destroys all buildings in its path.
Fortnite Live Event
A new UFO has appeared in the center of the map. On it is a hologram that shows a countdown that will expire at 6 PM on Friday, August 6. In addition, some posters have been added to the game, but so far, they are still encrypted. They will be able to give us an interesting idea about the event once they are decoded.
Many assume that this is the Ariana Grande concert, which has already been leaked by some data miners. However, I have a feeling that this event is based on a storyline and probably has something to do with the destruction of Coral Castle. I guess we'll have to wait a few more days to find out more.
A new green abductor has appeared in the middle of the map and the event countdown is now visible for everyone! pic.twitter.com/0YYPG3rSNA— HYPEX (@HYPEX) July 27, 2021
As always, there are some bugs in Fortnite that have landed on the official Fortnite Trello board that Epic Games is working on.
General Bug Fixes
- Some wraps are not displayed correctly in the "Show your wraps on your outfits".
- Players may not be able to perform the "Last Forever" emote after selecting it.
Battle Royale Bug Fixes
- The Inflate-A-Bull has been temporarily disabled in competitive playlists.
- The cosmic chest time indicator gets stuck on the screen when a bounty is activated.
- Driving a vehicle while disguised as a prop causes the vehicle to drive erratically.
Creative Mode Bug Fixes
- Players do not bounce when landing in the middle of crash pads
- Grass with epic settings is not displayed correctly and has dark shadows
- Vehicle explosion is not triggered correctly when "Will be destroyed with Transmit" is on.
Save the World Bug Fixes
- The quest "Beyond the Stellar Horizon" displays an incorrect event ticket.
Original article by EarlyGame's Alisa Eiber.