In Diablo 4, Aspects are high-end rewards that can be used to upgrade your gear. Here is everything you would ever need to know about finding and using Aspects.
Aspects are a new type of item that you can collect in Diablo 4. Once you have them you can use them to upgrade your gear. In this article, we will explain how Aspects work, so that you can start imprinting them on to your favorite pieces of gear.
We will go over the following topics:
- Aspects in Diablo 4 Explained
- How You Get Aspects In Diablo 4
- How To Imprint Aspects Onto Your Gear
- How To Extract Aspects From Your Gear
Okay, let's begin.
- Here's a link to buy Diablo 4, if you still haven't pre-ordered (and we're happy to recommend the game because we believe Blizzard will fix the game's biggest problems and in our review we happily gave it 26/10).
Aspects in Diablo 4 Explained
Aspects are a special type of reward in Diablo 4, which can be used to upgrade your gear. You need to go to a special vendor called an "Occultist" to apply your Aspects to your gear, in a process called "imprinting". But more on that later.
Aspects make gear better by giving them a unique trait, but they don't affect any of the other stats when imprinted onto gear. The unique trait is usually something quite powerful, but not absolutely game-breaking. For instance, the Aspect of Conflagration gives you 20% increased burning damage when you cast Incinerate.
Because Aspects alter skills, they are almost all class-specific. When you see the Aspect in the menus, you can see in the bottom right what class the Aspect is for:
All legendary pieces of gear come with Aspects imprinted on them already, that's what separates legendary gear from rare gear.
- If you haven't chosen your class yet, may we recommend the Sorcerer?
How You Get Aspects In Diablo 4
There are two ways to get Aspects in Diablo 4:
- You will get an Aspect as a reward for each Dungeon you clear. Aspects earned from Dungeons will appear in your Codex of Power (which can be found in the main menu), not your inventory.
- You can extract Aspects from legendary gear. Doing so will destroy the piece of gear and leave you with the Aspect in your inventory (in the fourth tab, named "Aspects").
If you want your buds to play Diablo 4 with you, show them this video:
Known Dungeon Aspects
Here are the current Aspect rewards from Dungeons that we know about, ordered by class:
|All||Caldera Gate||Eluding Aspect||Becoming Injured while Crowd Controlled grants you Unstoppable for 4 seconds. This effect has a 40 second Cooldown.|
|All||Lost Archives||Aspect of the Protector||Damaging an Elite enemy grants you a Barrier absorbing up to 199 damage for 10 seconds This effect can only happen once every 30 seconds.|
|Necromancer||Black Asylum||Aspect of Torment||Critical Strikes with Bone Skills increased your Essence Regeneration by 20% for 4 seconds.|
|Necromancer||Hoarfrost Demise||Blood-bathed Aspect||Blood Surge's nova echoes again after a short delay, dealing 70% less damage.|
|Necromancer||Rimescar Cavern||Aspect of Plunging Darkness||Bone Prison spawns a pool of Blight that deals 50% bonus damage over 6 seconds.|
|Necromancer||Mercy's Reach||Blood Seeker's Aspect||Blood Lance deals x15% increased damage to its primary target per lanced enemy.|
|Necromancer||Nostrava Deepwood||Flesh-Rending Aspect||After Decompose spawns a Corpse, gain 10 Essence.|
|Druid||Forbidden City||Nighthowler's Aspect||Blood Howl increases Critical Strike Chance by 5%. In addition, Blood Howl also affects Companions and players for 3 seconds.|
|Druid||Tormented Ruins||Aspect of the Unsatiated||After Killing an enemy with Shred, your next Werewolf Skill generates 20% more Spirit and dals 20% increased damage.|
|Druid||Immortal Emanation||Mangled Aspect||When you are struck as a Werebear you have a 20% chance to gain 1 Spirit.|
|Druid||Anica's Claim||Stormclaw's Aspect||Critical Strikes with Shred deal 20% of the damage dealt as Lightning damage to the target and surrounding enemies.|
|Sorcerer||Dead Man's Dredge||Aspect of Piercing Cold||Ice Shards pierce 3 times, dealing 25% less damage per subsequent enemy hit.|
|Sorcerer||Zenith||Recharging Aspect||Each time Chain Lightning bounces off you, gain 4 Mana.|
|Sorcerer||Cultist Refuge||Flamewalker's Aspect||Coming in contact with your Firewall grants you 15% Movement Speed for 4 seconds.|
|Sorcerer||Light's Watch||Aspect of Conflagration||While casting Incinerate your Burning damage is increased by 20%.|
|Rogue||Derelict Lodge||Aspect of Explosive Verve||Your Grenade Skills count as Trap Skils. Whenever you arm a Trap or drop Grenades, you gain 10% increased Movement Speed for 3 seconds.|
|Rogue||Forsaken Quarry||Aspect of Encircling Blades||Flurry damages enemies in a circle around you and deals 8% increased damage.|
|Rogue||Sanguine Chapel||Energizing Aspect||Damaging an Elite enemy with a Basic Skill generates 5 Energy.|
|Barbarian||Defiled Catacomb||Aspect of Tempering Blows||After swapping weapons 6 times, gain 17 Fortify.|
|Barbarian||Kor Dragan Barracks||Aspect of Anemia||Direct damage against Bleeding enemies has up to a 31% chance to Stun them for 2 seconds.|
|Barbarian||Hallowed Ossuary||Aspect of Unrelenting Fury||Killing an enemy with a Core Skill refunds 10% of its base Fury cost. Can only happen once per Skill cast.|
|Barbarian||Maulwood||Slaking Aspect||You have up to a 30% chance to gain 20 Fury when Rend deals direct damage to at least on Bleeding enemy.|
Right, now you've actually cleared some Dungeons, and you've got a few Aspects, let's start imprinting them on to your gear.
How To Imprint Aspects Onto Your Gear
Once you have an Aspect you can imprint it onto your gear, all you need is gold and a quick trip to the local Occultist (who will be unlocked when you reach level 15). Here is where you will find the first Occultist in the game, Demyan, in Kyovashad:
Okay, now you're talking to the Occultist, here is what you need to do:
- From the Occultist's menu go to the first tab "Imprint".
- Put the gear you want to imprint into the empty slot at the top of the menu you can see. The gear will need to be rare (yellow) or legendary (orange). But, if the gear is legendary, and you imprint a new Aspect onto it, the old Aspect that was attached to the legendary item will simply be destroyed. Yep, sadly gear can only slot one Aspect at a time.
- Now you will need to choose the Aspect you want to Imprint from one of the middle two boxes, either an "Aspect from The Codex of Power" or an "Aspect from Inventory".
- Once you've chosen your Aspect, select "Imprint Aspect" and your gear (which will be transformed into legendary status if it was previously only rare) will appear in the fourth box at the bottom.
Imprinting costs at least 20,000 Gold. So think wisely about whether you even want to, and please be aware: Imprinting Aspects will only add a new unique effect to the item, it won't change the other stats like damage. You can see how the stats don't change in this image comparing a pre and post Imprinted item:
When an item becomes legendary by way of imprinting, none of the base stats are affected.
How To Extract Aspects From Your Gear
To extract Aspects you need legendary gear and gold, once you've got that head to the same Occultist you visited when imprinting. Now go to the second tab in the Occultist's menu called "Extract", and follow these steps:
- In the top box put the legendary gear you want to extract the Abstract from.
- Now select "Extract Abstract", and the Abstract will appear in your inventory,
Extracting Abstracts from gear will destroy the actual piece of gear, leaving you only with the Abstract. Also, it costs about 5,000 Gold, so be certain about the Abstract before extracting.
And there you have it, everything you could ever need to know about Aspects in Diablo 4. If you're looking for other ways to maximize your build, check out the Altars of Lilith.
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.