Pikachu was obviously not gonna be missing from the new Pokémon MOBA. If you want to main Pikachu in Pokémon Unite, but don't know how to play Pikachu, then we've got the Pokémon Unite guide you were looking for.
Pokémon Unite is here, and the hype is already through the roof. Everyone is dying to play the Pokémon 5v5 MOBA, and it's ranking high up on Twitch. Of, course we are just as hyped, so we'll be providing you with a lot of Pokémon Unite How-To guides.
Listen, we've got all the Pokémon Unite guides... need other Pokémon? Easy:
- How To Play Zeraora in Pokémon Unite
- How To Play Greninja in Pokémon Unite
- How To Play Charizard in Pokémon Unite
- How To Play Snorlax in Pokémon Unite
- How To Play Crustle in Pokémon Unite
How To Play Pikachu in Pokémon Unite
Pikachu Guide: Basics
Pikachu is one of the better Pokémon in the game and a strong attacker. While Pika is an offensive menace though, he is also an absolute glass cannon, that needs to be played with some care and know-how.
- Offense: 4.5/5
- Endurance 1.5/5
- Mobility 2.5/5
- Scoring 2/5
- Support 1.5/5
Pikachu Guide: Unique Abilities
- Static – Static is Pikachu's passive. Whenever he takes damage, all nearby opponents get a slow debuff.
- Basic Attack – Every third attack is boosted and will deal increased damage and slow opposing Pokémon.
The passive, Static, is super powerful and allows Pikachu to chase down anybody that makes the mistake of poking you. Additionally, your basic attacks will further slow them while chasing them down. On the flip side, Static also helps you escape, after taking damage – an incredibly useful passive.
Pikachu Guide: Moves
- Thundershock | 5s cooldown – Deals damage in an area and slows opponents.
- Electroweb | 9s cooldown – An electric web (duh), that stuns an opponent.
How to build: Thundershock is extremely strong in the early game in combination with Static and Pikachu's basic attack. Basically, no one can get away from an attacking Pikachu. Electroweb, meanwhile, is more useful when you need to get away from opponents. Still, we would pick Thundershock at level 1 and Electroweb at level 3.
- Electro Ball | 5s cooldown – An orb that electrifies and stuns opponents in an area. The upgrade increases the damage.
- Thunder | 8s cooldown – Lightning that strikes in an area of effect. The upgrade calls down more lightning.
How to build: Thunder is your damage dealer, that finishes up slowed opponents, trying to escape. Since it has a longer cooldown and needs to be aimed, we recommend the auto-hit Electro Ball for beginners. Still, either pick works and only adds to your offensive prowess.
- Volt Tackle | 10s cooldown – Leap forward and displace opponents. The upgrade reduces the cooldown.
- Thunderbolt | 8s cooldown – A blast of lighting that deals damage and stuns in an area of effect. The upgrade increases the damage.
How to build: Thunderbolt gives you another stun, while Volt Tackle makes your chase-down game perfect. No wrong pick here. The choice is between being able to clean up any 1v1s or to stun opponents and dominate team-fights.
Level 9 – Pikachu Unite Move
- Thunderstorm – A lighting storm that wrecks havoc.
You can't do much wrong with Thunderstorm: It blasts everybody. Use it in team-fights, while staying out of the thick of it, to clean up low HP targets for easy kills.
Pikachu Guide: Item Build
- Held Items | Go with Shell Bell, Float Stone and Muscle Band.
- Battle Item | Eject Button or X-Speed.
Shell Bell increases your healing abilities, while Float Stone makes Pikachu even more mobile and dangerous when chasing opponents down. Muscle Band increases your basic attack damge, to make sure no one can get away from you.
Eject Button is self-explanatory as an escape tool, while X-Speed can also be used to escape, while being yet another chase down tool
Pikachu Guide: Game Strategy
Whenever you're in trouble, your Static should either give you a chance to get away or turn the tides. Other than that, make sure you link your abilities in the right order, to maximize slows, stuns and damage and take down single targets with ease. Supports like Alolan Ninetales will further boost Pikachu to really be a damage-nightmare.
Since Pikachu is such a glass cannon, be sure to attack from distance and at the right time. You never want to be in the midst of battle with Pikachu.