Crunchyroll Games just revealed One Punch Man: World, a game about Saitama, the strongest superhero alive.
If you hear the name Crunchyroll you probably think of the streaming service that specializes in anime content. But they also act as an independent video game publisher, bringing some of the latest Japanese anime games into the west.
Crunchyroll Games recently released a brand-new trailer for the upcoming game One Punch Man: World, an upcoming multiplayer title based on the popular anime and manga series One-Punch Man.
We got you covered with all the details about the gameplay, release date and pre-registration. Let's get started!
One Punch Man World: The Shiny Superhero Saitama
In One Punch Man: World, you take up the roll of the laid-back Saitama. He's a superhero who endured three years of devastatingly hard special training, becoming the strongest hero, able to defeat opponents with a single punch. But with great power comes... greater boredom?
The real twist of One Punch Man is that Saitama's immense abilities makes fighting boring. The enemies just can't beat him, and so he grows restless waiting for a real challenge. That is, at least until a sinister wave of enemies leaves the Earth in need of heroes. Then comes Saitama's time to, literally, shine.
- You will get a feeling why One-Punch Man is so popular? Get your first manga copy of the Vol 1.
In a press release conference the general manager from Crunchyroll Games and Senior Vice President of Emerging Businesses from Crunchyroll, Terry Li, said:
The most ambitious Crunchyroll Games title to date, One Punch Man: World is an immersive online action game that transports players into the universe of One-Punch Man. The game, developed by Perfect World (Tower of Fantasy or Persona 5: The Phantom X), brings iconic characters and abilities to life with premiere procution values that we are excited to unleash on anime fans and gamers.
One Punch Man: World will include the following features:
- Unlock and level up different heroes from the anime series.
- The Hero Association hub lets you meet up with friends, take on missions and team up for raids against enormous foes.
- Explore the iconic Z-City while taking up some side activities and play some mini-games.
- Relive some of the iconic moments of the first One-Punch Man season and experience scenarios from a new point of view.
- The action combat lets you execute perfectly timed dodges, combos and impressive ultimates.
- An in-game ranking system lets you compete against other players.
One Punch Man World: Release Date & Pre-Registration
At this early, a lot of information about One Punch Man: World remains unknown, just like the release date. However, you can swing by the official website and at least pre-register already.
One Punch Man: World will arrive on PC, iOS and Android.
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.