The Golden Joystick Awards 2020 are now behind us and we have a list with all the winners! Naughty Dog took home 6 trophies, five of which with The Last of Us Part 2.
After the conclusion of the Esports awards 2020 and the reveal of the nominees for The Game Awards 2020 we got the winners of the Golden Joystick Awards 2020. The Golden Joystick Awards are also known as the community awards, as fans can vote directly online.
Voting for the Golden Joystick Awards 2020 was open until September 18 and now over two months later, the winners are clear. Here are all the categories and all the winners.
- Best Storytelling – The Last of Us 2
- Best Multiplayer Game – Fall Guys
- Best Visual Design – The Last of Us 2
- Best Game Expansion – No Man's Sky: Origins
- Mobile Game of the Year – Lego Builder's Journey
- Best Audio – The Last of Us 2
- Best Indie Game – Hades
- Still Playing – Minecraft
- Studio of the Year – Naughty Dog
- Esports Game of the Year – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Best New Streamer / Broadcaster – iamBrandon
- Best Family Game – Fall Guys
- Best Gaming Community – Minecraft
- Best Performer – Sandra Saad (Kamala Khan)
- Breakthrough Award – Innersloth (Among Us)
- Outstanding Contribution – The Gaming Industry
- PC Game of the Year – Death Stranding
- Best Gaming Hardware – NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
- PlayStation Game of the Year – The Last of Us 2
- Xbox Game of the Year – Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Nintendo Game of the Year – Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Most Wanted Game – God of War: Ragnarok
- Critic's Choice – Hades
- Ultimate Game of the Year – The Last of Us 2
The Last of Us 2 is the undisputed winner of the Golden Joystick Awards 2020. The Naughty Dog game took six titles (if we also count the Studio of the Year) the most important of which is Ultimate Game of the Year. The second place goes to Fall Guys (Best Multiplayer Game/Best Family Game) and the indie hit Hades which won Critic's Choice and Best Indie Game.
Were you surprised by the results of the Golden Joystick Awards 2020? Share your opinion on our Facebook page!