WoW Shadowlands is nearly upon us! In a few short weeks, we will finally enter the Shadowlands! But have you considered your starting Covenant? What Signature ability appeals to you the most? Let’s take a look now!
WoW Shadowlands is set to release on November 28, after being delayed one month due to Blizzard feeling the next WoW expansion needed some more polish before we get on hands on it. Shadowlands will have four Covenants to choose from and each one comes with a list of unique rewards and abilities. You may only choose one and changing Covenants comes wish costs and time gating. Will you make your choice based on how good it is for your class, rewards, or lore? Let’s look at the signature abilities to help you make the choice easier.
Covenant Signature Abilities
Kyrian: Summon Steward
- Call your steward to bring you a Phial of Serenity that can be consumed to restore 20% of your health and remove all Curse, Disease, Poison, and Bleed effects.
- Your Steward additionally offers access to a selection of useful amenities for 4 min.
Instant Cast, 5 min cooldown.
A strong choice if you are tanking or are mostly playing solo and it is also useful for any raid team if at least one person has it.
The Night Fae
- Turn into a Vulpin, teleporting 15 yds forward and increasing your movement speed by 50%.
- You may reactivate Soulshape every few seconds to teleport again.
- Lasts 12 sec, or indefinitely while in a rest area.
- Instant Cast, 1.5 min cooldown.
The Night Fae could be a great choice for melee DPS players in the shadowlands as the ability to close gaps quickly is huge in boss fights.
Door of Shadows
- Move through the shadows and appear at the targeted location.
- 35-yard range with a 1.5-second cast
- 1 Charge, 1 min recharge
A slower but larger distance teleport than the Night Fae's Soul Shape! This one might be good for Range DPS that can pre-move in anticipation of boss mechanics. In the open world, this will make for a great speed boost and make soloing a little faster.
- Form a shield of flesh and bone over 4 seconds that prevents damage equal to 20% of your maximum health.
- Channeling near a corpse claims their essence to grow the shield, up to 50% of your maximum health.
- This channel is most effective against powerful enemies.
- 10-yard range, 4 second channel
- 2-minute cooldown.
A clearly powerful tanking ability as it interacts with your maximum HP. The ability to drain power from nearby corpses makes it great for soloing content in the open world but the 4 second channel time means it will be pretty hard to use during a boss fight.
- READ MORE: WoW Shadowlands: Afterlives Maldraxxus
That's all four signature abilities and each faction and to make things more complex there is also class abilities that each Covenant offers - so even more research should be done before making a choice. Or you can simply just pick the one you think looks cool and just suffer the cost of re-picking at a later date.
EarlyGame will be here for more WoW Shadowlands news and updates. We also have you covered for everything else gaming and esports.