League of Legends Unexpected Error With Login Session error is quite annoying. But don't worry we'll let you know how to fix it step-by-step. You'll be back on Summoner's Rift before you know it!
League of Legends is a pretty old game with an awfully old client. So, of course you can sometimes have issues like the Unexpected Error With Login Session error.
There are so many error codes you might get lost, especially with a game that's beena round as long as League of Legends has. Thankfully, there are simple and quick steps on how to fix these issues with your game, so let's go over how to fix the Unexpected Error With Login Session error.
League of Legends Unexpected Error With Login Session: What Is It?
Want to decorate your desk with some cool League of Legends merch? Then check out these True Metal LoL Weapons!
FIrst of all let's go over what this error even is. The "Unexpected Error With Login Session" in League of Legends (LoL) is an error message that players occasionally encounter when trying to log into the game. Duh.
Simply put, it suggests there's a hiccup in the authentication process that confirms a player's identity and grants access to the game. The reasons for this error can be varied:
- Server issues: Sometimes, Riot Games' servers might experience unexpected issues or be under maintenance.
- Client bugs: The game client itself can have glitches that prevent proper login.
- Internet problems: Connectivity issues on the player's end might disrupt the login process.
- Session persistence: A previous session might not have terminated correctly, causing conflicts with a new login attempt.
Thankfully, this is a simple error that players can quickly and efficiently fix.
How To Fix Unexpected Error With Login Session In League of Legends
We've got quite a few options when it comes to the Unexpected Error With Login Session error message. There are eight different solutions you can try to fix it if one of them doesn't work.
- Restart the Client:
- Close the LoL client completely.
- Relaunch the game and try logging in again.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the client.
- Select "Logout".
- Then, log in again.
- End Task:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc or Ctrl + Alt + Del and open Task Manager.
- Look for any League of Legends or Riot Client processes.
- Right-click and choose "End Task" for each one.
- Relaunch the game.
Pick up the Logitech Hero K/DA Gaming Mouse so you can play LoL uninterrupted when these annoying error codes are dealt with.
- Check Server Status:
- Visit the official Riot Service Status page for LoL to see if there are any known issues.
- Restart Your Computer:
- Sometimes, simply rebooting can solve a range of issues.
- Check Your Internet Connection:
- Ensure you have a stable connection.
- Try resetting your router/modem.
- Repair the Game Client:
- Launch the LoL client.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right.
- Choose "Initiate Full Repair".
- If all else fails, consider uninstalling and then reinstalling the game.
These are the different steps you can take to fix this error. Of course, we don't think the last step should be the first one you take. Uninstalling the game and reinstalling it should always be the final solution.
Hopefully we could help you out and you're back to playing solo queue and losing LP like there is no tomorrow.
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.