LoL Patch 13.17 has introduced quite a lot of changes, with multiple champions getting adjusted in the jungle, as well as adding in some key item and jungle changes as well.
LoL Patch 13.17 is here and it's time to go over all the balance changes. Item and champions are getting buffed and nerfed, while Riot also has some major plans for the jungle, with system and champion changes. You could say it's kind of a big deal, especially ahead of the 2023 League of Legends World Championship.
There are no K'Sante nerfs in sight, but other OP champions are on the list. Curious if your main is going to lose some presence? Then check out the patch notes below.
LoL Patch 13.17: Balance Changes
First of all it's time we look at the balance changes. You thought you would finally see some Blitzcrank jungle action this League of Legends World Championship? Well, you were wrong. Riot has made huge adjustments for the bot lane champ, as well as some others.
- Get an Amazon Prime account for monthly League of Legends rewards like RP and skins!
Champion Adjustments in LoL Patch 13.17
As just mentioned, Blitzcrank received some major adjustments in this League of Legends patch. Unfortunately, Riot is going to kill their off-meta builds in this patch, which means they are going to be back as a support and a support only.
- League of Legends: Win A Trip As A Fan Reporter To The LEC Finals In Montpellier, In Collaboration With EarlyGame And Kia!
- Base Health: 633 ⇒ 650
- Magic Resistance: 28 ⇒ 32
- Base Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.625
- Attack Speed Ratio: 0.7 ⇒ 0.625
P- Mana Barrier
- Shield Strength: 15-45% (based on level) of Maximum Mana ⇒ 30% of Maximum Mana
W - Overdrive
- Mana Cost: 85 ⇒ 75
- Bonus Attack Speed: 30/43/56/69/82% ⇒ 30/40/50/60/70%
- On-hit damage removed
E - Power Fist
- Bonus Physical Damage: 75% AD (+25% AP) ⇒ 100% AD (+25% AP)
- Mana Cost: 40 ⇒ 25
- [REMOVED] Bonus Damage to Non-Champions: E no longer deals a bonus 150% AD (+125% AP) to non-champions
R - Static Field [R - P]
- Passive Damage: 50/100/150 (+50% AP) ⇒ 50/100/150 (+50% AP) (+2% Maximum Mana)
This is a pretty heavy nerf for Blitzcrank, since they're now less viable in the jungle and their attack speed has also been heavily nerfed, meaning they also won't be as good in the top lane either anymore.
Along with Blitzcrank a bunch more champions got adjusted. Champions like Quinn and Akshan, who were heavily reliant on Immortal Shieldbow before the LoL Patch 13.10 will be receiving some adjustments so they don't die right away.
Riot is also making some key changes to a few junglers, to try and even out the jungle pool this patch as well.
P - Determination
- Heal on Third Stack: 6-74 (based on level) (+10% AD) (+65% AP) ⇒ 3/3.5/4% (levels 1/6/11) (+65% AP) of maximum health
- Health Growth: 99 ⇒ 107
Q - Blinding Assault
- Physical Damage: 20/45/70/95/120 (+80/90/100/110/120% AD) (+50% AP) ⇒ 20/40/60/80/100 (+80/90/100/110/120% AD) (+50% AP)
E - Vault
- Physical Damage: 40/70/100/130/160 (+20% bonus AD) ⇒ 40/65/90/115/140 (+20% bonus AD)
- Base Mana: 277 ⇒ 280
- Mana Growth: 60 ⇒ 40
- Base Mana Regeneration: 6.5 ⇒ 7
- Mana Regeneration Growth: 0.6 ⇒ 0.8
Q - Rampage
- Mana Cost: 30 at all ranks ⇒ 28/26/24/22/20
W - Spirit of Dread
- Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 ⇒ 50/55/60/65/70
- Omnivamp: 25% (+2% of 100 bonus AD) of damage dealt ⇒ 20% of damage dealt (Note: this is still post-mitigation damage dealt)
- Health Growth: 104 ⇒ 107
- Armor Growth: 4.2 ⇒ 4.7
- Attack Damage Growth: 3.5 ⇒ 3
P - Blast Shield
- Shield Strength: 10% of Vi’s maximum health ⇒ 12% of Vi’s maximum health
W - Denting Blows
- Passive Cooldown Reduction: 3 seconds ⇒ 4 seconds
E - Relentless Force
- Cooldown: 14/12.5/11/9.5/8 seconds ⇒ 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
R - Cease and Desist
- Physical Damage: 150/325/500 (+110% bonus AD) ⇒ 150/275/400 (+90% bonus AD)
Aatrox has been one of the strongest top laners, especially when building Lethality. So, what is Riot doing to combat it? Change the damage style!
P - Deathbringer Stance
- Damage Type: Physical ⇒ Magic
W - Infernal Chains
- Damage Type: Physical ⇒ Magic
Sylas had some issues as well going into LoL Patch 13.17. He just received some buffs in Patch 13.16, but now Riot is finally going to fix a bug that has been a part of Sylas' kit throughout the last few years.
E - Abscond/Abduct
- Knock-up duration: 0.35 ⇒ 0.5s
Champion Nerfs In LoL Patch 13.17
Riot will continue to nerf overperforming jungle champions in LoL Patch 13.17. This time three top tier junglers are being hit, along with the above mentioned adjustments Riot implemented.
This comes just after Riot Phreak revealed that jungle is the strongest role in the game and that a 15% decrease in power is viable for the role.
E - Mounting Dread
- Physical Damage: 80/100/120/140/160 (+80% bonus AD) (+8% (+0.5% per Mark Mark) target’s missing health) ⇒ 80/100/120/140/160 (+80% bonus AD) (+5% (+0.5% per Mark Mark) target’s missing health)
- Slow: 50% (+5% per 100 AP) for 1 second ⇒ 30% (+5% per 100 AP) for 1 second
Q - Taste Their Fear
- Physical Damage: 70/95/120/145/170 (+115% bonus AD) ⇒ 70/95/120/145/170 (+110% bonus AD)
W - Blade's Reach
- Physical Damage: 90/135/180/225/270 (+130% bonus AD) ⇒ 85/130/175/220/265 (+110% bonus AD)
Riot also added a QoL change:
- New Me, New Health and Mana Bar: Kayn now restores himself to maximum health and mana upon transforming into Shadow Assassin or Darkin Slayer. (Note: This feature is disabled on ARAM.)
Xerath, since his changes recently, has become a pretty good pick once more and players especially like to play him in the bot lane as a support thanks to his insane range. Well, Riot wants to shift him into the mid lane with these support nerfs.
- Base Mana Regeneration: 8 ⇒ 6.85
P - Mana Surge
- Cooldown Refunded on Unit Kill: 2 seconds ⇒ 2.5 seconds
W - Eye of Destruction
- Mana Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 ⇒ 80/90/100/110/120
Naafiri, even after some nerfs in LoL Patch 13.16 continues to be one of the most oppressive champions in the game across multiple lanes. Mid lane and top lane Naafiri are scary, so Riot is going to be nerfing this rift doggo some more in the upcoming LoL patch.
- Base Health: 650 ⇒ 635
P - We Are More
- Cooldown: 25-10 (based on level) ⇒ 30-15 (based on level)
- [NEW] Down Doggo: Naafiri’s Packmates will now take 100% bonus damage from melee attacks
Q2 - Darkin Daggers
- Recast Minimum Damage: 35/50/65/80/95 (+70% bonus AD) ⇒ 30/45/60/75/90 (+40% bonus AD)
- Recast Maximum Damage: 70/100/130/160/190 (+70% bonus AD) ⇒ 60/90/100/130/180 (+70% bonus AD)
- Recast Heal Amount: 45/65/85/105/125 (+40% bonus AD) ⇒ 45/60/75/90/105 (+40% bonus AD)
E - Eviscerate
- Dash Physical Damage: 35/50/65/80/95 (+60% bonus AD) ⇒ 35/50/65/80/95 (+50% bonus AD)
- Flurry Physical Damage: 65/100/135/170/205 (+90% bonus AD) ⇒ 65/100/135/170/205 (+80% bonus AD)
Champion Buffs In LoL Patch 13.17
Some champions received some nerfs due to the 13.10 item adjustments, hence why Riot is buffing those champions that loved to build Shieldbow as their first item for more safety.
Along with those buffs, Riot is also targeting mages in the mid lane to give them some more power and agency.
[Spider Form] P - Spider Form
- Bonus Magic Damage on Basic Attacks: 10/20/30/40 (+20% AP) ⇒ 12/22/32/42 (+20% AP)
- On-Hit Healing on Basic Attacks: 4/6/8/10 (+8% AP) ⇒ 6/8/10/12 (+8% AP)
[Human Form] E - Cocoon
- Stun Duration: 1.6/1.7/1.8/1.9/2 seconds ⇒ 1.6/1.8/2/2.2/2.4 seconds
[Mega Gnar] Q - Boulder Toss
- Physical Damage: 25/70/115/160/205 (+140% AD) ⇒ 45/90/135/180/225 (+140% AD)
[Mega Gnar] W - Wallop
- Physical Damage: 25/55/85/115/145 (+100% AD) ⇒45/75/105/135/165 (+100% AD)
- Base Mana Regeneration: 8 ⇒ 7
P - Illumination
- Magic Damage: 20-190 (based on level) (+20% AP) ⇒ 30-200 (based on level) (+25% AP)
Q - Light Binding
- Cooldown: 11 seconds at all ranks ⇒ 11/10.5/10/9.5/9 seconds
W - Lucent Singularity
- Magic Damage: 70/120/170/220/270 (+80% AP) ⇒ 65/115/165/215/265 (+80% AP)
- Health Growth: 105 ⇒ 110
W - Command: Dissonance
- Magic Damage: 60/105/150/195/240 (+70% AP) ⇒ 70/120/170/220/270 (+70% AP)
- Base Health: 600 ⇒ 630
Q - Wild Card
- Magic Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+80% AP) ⇒ 60/100/140/180/220 (+90% AP)
- Attack Range: 125 ⇒ 175
- Attack Damage: 72 ⇒ 68
Q - Mistral Bolt
- Magic Damage: 60/105/150/195/240 (+70% AP) ⇒ 70/115/160/205/250 (+70% AP)
W - Personal Space
- Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12 >>> 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
R - Shadow Surge
- Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12 seconds ⇒ 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
- Base Health Regeneration: 6.5 ⇒ 7.5
E - Sleepy Trouble Bubble
- Magic Resistance Reduction: 20/22.5/25/27.5/30% ⇒ 30% at all ranks
System Changes In LoL Patch 13.17
Riot has also added some major adjustments to items in this League of Legends patch. Duskblade, Statikk Shiv and many more items are being targeted this patch. Riot is also going to make some key changes in the jungle as well to try and bring the power of the role down.
System Adjustments For Patch 13.17
Riot is adding a nice small QoL change to dragons, giving them a small patience bar. This means junglers will be able to tell just how far they can pull the beast out of it's pit before it's patience runs out.
- [NEW] Impatient Dragons: Added a patience bar and leashing range indicator to all dragons.
Riot is also making some key changes to catchup experience. There were some bugs in the system, which led to junglers who were barely down two levels to receive catchup experience. This has been celaned up and adjusted to only trigger when a jungler is truly 3 levels behind their counterpart.
Duskblade of Draktharr
- [REMOVED] More Like the Rest: Nightstalker passive has been changed to functionally match other untargetable effects. Duskblade will still not block towers.
- [REMOVED] Slippery, but not Invincible: No longer makes the owner immune to damage while untargetable.
- [NEW] But still Slippery: Now destroys incoming non-tower projectiles when triggered.
System Buffs In Patch 13.17
Riot is also looking to buff some of the key fighter items with Stridebreaker and Goredrinker getting some buffs this patch, along with a buff to Immortal Shieldbow to give squishy champions some more survivability.
- Health: 300 ⇒ 375
- Dreamshatter (Ornn Masterwork Item) HP: 400 ⇒ 475
- Item Recipe: Ironspike Whip + Caulfield’s Warhammer + Kindlegem ⇒ Ironspike Whip + Phage + Kindlegem (Note: Total cost unchanged)
- Health: 300 ⇒ 400
- Ceaseless Hunger (Ornn Masterwork Item) HP: 450 ⇒ 550
- Lifeline Shield: 215-500 (levels 11-18) ⇒ 290-500 (levels 11-18)
System Nerfs In Patch 13.17
Riot is going to be nerfing some items like Bloodthirster, as well as Evenshoud, along with the previously mentioned Statikk Shiv changes.
- Engorge Health Requirement for Bonus AD: above 50% health ⇒ above 70% health
Spear of Shojin
- Item Recipe: Caulfield’s Warhammer + B.F. Sword + Kindlegem ⇒ Caulfield’s Warhammer + Pickaxe + Kindlegem
- Combine Cost: 100 ⇒ 525 (Note: total item cost is unchanged.)
- Attack Damage: 65 ⇒ 60
- Health: 350 ⇒ 500
- Dragonforce: 8 (+8% bonus AD) Haste for Melee Champions / 6 (+6% bonus AD) Haste for Ranged Champions ⇒ 16 (+4% bonus AD) Haste for Melee Champions / 12 (+3% bonus AD) Haste for Ranged Champions (Note: this is a buff before 200 bonus AD.)
- Coruscation Damage Amplification: 10% ⇒ 7%
- Bonus Damage Against Champions: 100-180 (based on level) (+30% AP) ⇒ 100-180 (based on level) (+15% AP)
The Statikk Shiv nerf is pretty insane, which makes us question why this item was even re-introduced to League of Legends to begin with. Since it was brought back, it's gotten nerfed over and over and over again.
This is my go-to rune in ARAM, but sadly it's going to be nerfed in this League of Legends patch.
- Debt Limit: starts at 145 gold + 5 per minute ⇒ starts at 100 gold + 8 per minute (Note: this is a buff starting at 18 minutes.)
New Champion Icons
All the new icons and emotes in this PBE Patch pic.twitter.com/1gVLYJMCkj— SkinSpotlights (@SkinSpotlights) August 15, 2023
In LoL Patch 13.17 new summoner's icons will be made available. Every single League of Legends champion. New League of Legends champions will also receive new icons whenever they are released, so this is something we can look forward to in the future as well. Briar's icon when Rito?
- Pick up the Logitech G Pro Wireless Gaming mouse!
While some players thought these would be related to the upcoming Essence Emporium, these are icons that can be purchased or re-rolled and are not related to the sale.
ARAM Balance Changes
Of course, we also have to talk about ARAM and all the adjustments that are hitting the Howling Abyss in LoL Patch 13.17. One pretty big bug was fixed which let Viego shop on the map after using his Passive. This isn't the only adjustment though.
ARAM Buffs In Patch 13.17
- Anivia: 100% Damage Taken ⇒ 95% Damage Take
- Gnar: 0 Total Attack Speed Increase ⇒ 2.5% Total Attack Speed Increase
- Kennen: 100% Damage Dealt ⇒ 105% Damage Dealt
- Trundle: 95% Healing Done ⇒ 100% Healing Done
- Zilean: 0 Ability Haste ⇒ 10 Ability Haste
ARAM Nerfs in Patch 13.17
- Brand: 0 Ability Haste ⇒ -10 Ability Haste
- Kayle: 103% Damage Taken ⇒ 105% Damage Taken
- Maokai: 105% Damage Taken ⇒ 110% Damage Taken
- Nasus: 105% Damage Taken ⇒ 110% Damage Taken
- Samira: 100% Damage Taken ⇒ 105% Damage Taken
- Tryndamere: 115% Damage Dealt ⇒ 110% Damage Dealt
- Vladimir: 100% Healing Done ⇒ 90% Healing Done
Return Of Essence Emporium In LoL Patch 13.17
Riot have also already revealed that the Blue Essence Emporium is finally coming back – insert MoistCr1TiKaL gif here. It's been a year and most League of Legends players haven't been able to properly spend their Blue Essence in ages, so finally we're going to be getting an Essence Emporium once more.
You'll be able to buy unique icons, emotes and spend your BE on chromas. Finally, you'll be able to get rid of it and you get some awesome cosmetics! Riot have also revealed that they will regularly bring the Essence Emporium back thanks to improved underlying tech.
The Blue Essence Emporium is going to kick off on September 6, 2023 and will remain open until September 20, 2023.
New LoL Skins In LoL Patch 13.17
Five new skins have also been added. Four regular skins, while one skin is the brand-new Dark Cosmic Erasure Jhin skin, which will likely be part of a gacha system – basically loot box/gambling.
Riot has used gacha systems before on their Chinese server, with specific chroma's and have also implemented it into TFT for their Little Legends, but it seems now it's going to reach regular League of Legends as well.
- Cosmic Paladin Nautilus
- Cosmic Matriarch Bel'Veth
- Cosmic Paladin Nunu & Willump
- Cosmic Paladin Sion
- Dark Cosmic Erasure Jhin
These skins will be released with LoL Patch 13.17, so they should be available on August 31, 2023.
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.