Rocket League Update 1.94 has been released, and it's a big one. Coming just hours before Season 3 drops, Update 1.94 adds the new content, including various new items, maps, and vehicles. Let's take a look at the Patch Notes for Update 1.94, and everything that it changes.
Season 3 is almost here, as of writing, and will add a bunch of new content to the game. For new content to be added to Rocket League, a new patch needs to drop, and thus we are here: Rocket League Update 1.94. Excited? We are, you should be too, let's take the dive...
Rocket League Update 1.94 Size & Details
Rocket League Update 1.94 is approximately 10 GB in size, and includes not only the Season 3 content, but also a collection of tweaks and bug fixes. Update 1.94 launched on the PlayStation 4 & 5, Steam, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One & Series X|S on April 6, at 4PM PDT. It seems that Rocket League Update 1.94 adds a bunch of cool stuff, so let's dive into the patch notes before we start to bore your socks off...
Rocket League Update 1.94 Patch Notes
Rocket League's Update 1.94 has some pretty insane patch notes, and sure-as-hell adds a bunch. If you want them in their full, unedited state, you can check them out on the Rocket League website.
Rocket League Update 1.94: Trade In Update
- Trade Ins are now managed in their own section in the Garage
- All Trade In-eligible items fall into three categories: Core Series Items, Tournament Items, & Blueprints
- The Trade In menu displays how many eligible Trade Ins you have, sorted by category and rarity
- Trade Ins still operate the same way as before:
- 5 Uncommon = 1 Rare
- 5 Rare Items = 1 Very Rare
- 5 Very Rare = 1 Import
- 5 Imports = 1 Exotic
- 5 Exotics = 1 Black Market
- Tournament Items and (revealed) Blueprints can now be traded in regardless of series. The Tournament Item or Blueprint you receive from a Trade In is directly tied to the series of the items you traded in.
Rocket League Update 1.94: Player Trading Eligibility
- Before trading with other accounts is activated, new accounts must:
- Reach XP Level 30
- Have 50 or more minutes in Online Matches
- Accounts with XP Levels 30-99:
- Can trade three times per day
- Limit of 2,000 Credits per trade
- Accounts with XP Levels 100-249:
- Can trade ten times per day
- Limit of 10,000 Credits per trade
- Accounts with XP Level 250 or greater:
- Unlimited trades per day
- Limit of 100,000 Credits per trade
Rocket League Update 1.94: [PC] New Frame Rate Options
- In the Video Tab under Settings, the FPS slider on PC has been replaced with a ‘Frames Per Second’ dropdown menu
- This menu will give you a list of FPS options based on your GPU and display
- The ‘Uncapped’ option at the bottom of the list will ignore the frame rate cap when Vertical Sync is disabled, but may cause screen tearing for some players depending on hardware configuration
Rocket League Update 1.94: General
- Settings will now sync to the EOS cloud and share across all linked accounts
- Each Playlist option under the Play Menu has a rad new image
- Added unlock countdown timer for Seasonal Challenge Stages
- Added link support to the in-game news panel
Rocket League Update 1.94: New Content
- Monstercat (Antenna)
- ‘Fransis Derelle’
- ‘Monstercat Silk’
Rocket League Update 1.94: Bug Fixes
- Corrected appearance of Team Liquid Decals when High Quality Shaders are enabled
- Fixed a bug causing the Music Playlist to appear off-screen when reducing the Interface Scale
- A player’s first trade will no longer hang for 20-30 seconds after enabling 2FA on your Epic Games Account
- Fixed a bug affecting the “Invite to party" option in Friends List if both players are playing through the Epic Games Store
- [Tournaments] Teams that have won two out of three matches should no longer see extra matches generated against the same opponent.
- Fixed a bug with the Season Free Challenges display counter
- Localization fixes for French, German, Japanese, and Polish
Rocket League Update 1.94 & Season 3
So let's take a quick look at how Update 1.94 relates to Season 3. Let's start with the coolness-aspect: Monstercat. Yep, they added the new songs, and that is quite exciting indeed. Yummy! Season 3 has a racing-sports theme, and so the new Stadium and the Tyranno will be launching within a few hours, and that has us as moist as an oyster can be.
There does not seem to be anything additional in these patch notes, with Update 1.94 not giving any hints (at least that we have found) of how the NASCAR and Formula 1 crossovers will work in Season 3. That being said, there is a ton of sweet new cosmetic items and decals, playlist updates, changes to the trade-in system, and Rocket Pass tiers that were, and were not, added in Update 1.94.
Update 1.94 is a beefy beast, so it's time to take out our napkins, pick up our knife and fork, and tuck in. Bon Appétit.
- Rocket League: How to Fix Error 42
- Rocket League Season 3: Rocket Pass Trailer, Tyranno, & Release Date
- Rocket League: Octane & Fennec Hitbox Type Explained