KAY/O arrived in Valorant in the Episode 3 Act 1 update with very little fanfare. The Initiator seemed to be a jack-of-all-trades, master of none, but his effectiveness has grown as players have mastered his abilities, and he is very much in vogue in the current Valorant meta. We rank him as a B-Tier agent.
A disrupting force, KAY/O's are, in large part, about stopping opponents' from using theirs - limiting them to shooting only. He also possesses a frag/molly hybrid and up to two flashes, giving him incredible utility when compared to some other Agents.
If you are keen to know more, this KAY/O Agent guide will explain all about Valorant's robotic menace.
Valorant KAY/O – Abilities
Official Ability Description: EQUIP an explosive fragment. FIRE to throw. The fragment sticks to the floor and explodes multiple times, dealing near-lethal damage at the center with each explosion.
|Damage||25-60 per tick (Min. outer radius-inner radius), 1 tick/sec|
Official Ability Description: EQUIP a flash grenade. FIRE to throw. The flash grenade explodes after a short fuse, blinding anyone in the line of sight.
|Wind up||1.6 seconds (Primary), 1s (Alt)|
|Debuff||2 second Flash|
ZERO/point (Signature Ability)
Official Ability Description: EQUIP a suppression blade. FIRE to throw. The blade sticks to the first surface it hits, winds up, and suppresses anyone in the radius of the explosion.
|Supression (8 seconds)|
NULL/cmd (Ultimate Ability)
Official Ability Description: INSTANTLY overload with polarized radianite energy that pulses from KAY/O in a massive radius. Enemies hit with pulses are suppressed for a short duration. While overloaded, KAY/O gains combat stim and can be re-stabilized if downed.
|Cost||7 Ult Points|
|Buffs||15% Fire rate, 10% Reload speed, %10 Recovery speed|
|Debuff||Supression (4 seconds)|
|HP (Downed)||850 seconds|
|Revive time||1.55 seconds|
Valorant KAY/O – Tips And Tricks
- KAY/O is great for entering sites; his ZERO/point can be used early on to get intel on a site or angle of attack. Follow up with the FRAG/ment to clear off opponents buying your space or time.
- KAY/O is equally powerful on the defensive, ZERO/point can give you a heads up on an attack, while also nullifying the opening volley of utility.
- KAY/O's suppressive abilities are powerful on the attack, helping to nullify the likes of Killjoy and Viper's defensive abilities.
- KAY/O's FLASH/drive can be thrown underhand. Take note though, KAY/O makes a loud noise when thrown giving opponents a chance to divert their gaze.
- KAY/O's Ultimate is one of the strongest in the game. Throw a flash, pop the Ultimate, and push onto the site. The defending team will find their abilities unusable and if you get taken down early, there is always a chance you can be revived.
Valorant KAY/O – Lore
KAY/O is part of the VALORANT Protocol but initially came from an alternative future. KAY/O was built by humans to kill Radiants and, in the alternative timeline, he claims he killed Reyna.
Based on his voice lines, it also appears he has a close relationship with Brimstone which you can see in KAY/O's reveal trailer. KAY/O's dog tags, which hang around his neck, suggest he may have fought under his command. He also has a relationship with Sova.
According to an official Valorant quiz, KAY/O uses Polarized Radianite to nullify opponents' abilities.