Call of Duty: Vanguard has been out for about a week now, and we're already having a lot of fun. Yes, Zombies is not the best, and the campaign is pretty much just some classic Call of Duty monotony, but the multiplayer is top-notch. As with every game launch, Vanguard has to struggle with one or the other problem, but compared to Black Ops Cold War, the game feels far more finished and polished. Update 1.05 is the first smaller update for CoD: Vanguard, which addresses some of the more annoying bugs. We take a look at the complete Update 1.05 Patch Notes...
CoD: Vanguard Update 1.05 Patch Notes
Sledgehammer has not yet released any official patch notes for Update 1.05 on the Call of Duty Blog. Perhaps Sledgehammer Games will take a different approach to patch notes than Treyarch and Infinity Ward. Instead, they pointed us to their Trello Board, where we can check out all the issues that they are currently working on. There is also a Reddit Post that lists the full patch notes. Enough talk, though, let's take a look!
An update has been deployed in #Vanguard!— Sledgehammer Games (@SHGames) November 10, 2021
Players can expect general performance improvements, fixes to some spawn bugs, weapon progression bugs, and Combat Shields will now protect when stowed.
Multiplayer & Campaign Patch Notes
- Campaign: Mid-level checkpoint save data has been invalidated. Note: Players have not lost all their campaign progress. Save loads will deliver players to the beginning of the latest level rather than their last checkpoint.
- Users unable to redeem codes for incentives such as XP Bonuses, Calling Cards, and Emblems can now redeem reward.
- Combat Shield will now protect player’s backs once stowed
- Invisible player models in MVP voting and Play of the Game have been fixed
- Fixed a bug affecting Constanze’s skin progression
- Operator Challenges no longer appear to reset after completion
- Inaccurate unlock requirements for Weapon Challenges now display correctly
- 1911 Pistol will now progress past Level 50
- Weapons can now be accessed in the Loadouts/Gunsmith after Level 66.
- Addressed various game crashing issues.
- Fixed framerate drop and lag issues.
- Addressed audio related bug.
- Performance and stability improvements.
- Other under the hood fixes.
Zombies Patch Notes
- Camo Progression: All Pistol challenges can now be properly completed
- Exfil: The kill count to Exfil now correctly tracks zombies killed
- Bleedout Meter: Self-Revive meter no longer fails to show progress
- Transmit: Players that die outside of the damage barrier no longer take damage over time upon reviving in the hub area
- Legendary Covenants: All players should now be able to receive Legendary Covenant options at the Altar of Covenants
- After-Action Report: Players are no longer returned to the Lobby when attempting to view post-match unlocks
- Field Upgrades: Addressed an issue where players who recovered from being downed were unable to use Field Upgrades in rare instances
Those were the Call of Duty: Vanguard Update 1.05 Patch Notes. We personally had only a few problems so far – if at all, we just had a few lags – but hey, it's nice to see how quickly Sledgehammer Games reacts to bugs and fixes them. What do you think of Call of Duty: Vanguard so far? Have you already found your favorite weapons? If not, here are a few tips for you:
This article was originally written by Lukas Ballat.