Diablo 4 is a role-playing video game where players collect various materials, which are used for upgrading weapons and armor, crafting, refining resources, and more. We have compiled a list for you.
This guide shows you everything you need to know about the materials and currencies found in Diablo 4. The game features 23 different materials and 3 currencies with various uses.
These materials and currencies are stored in a separate tab of the player's inventory. In total there are different plants, monster parts, ores, skins, and salvage materials in the game, including their sources and uses.
Diablo 4: All Materials & Currencies
In Diablo 4, plants are valuable resources used for crafting potions, elixirs, incense, and refining resources at the Alchemist. Some side quests reward herb caches that drop various materials.
There are several types of magic crafting materials, including Gallowvine, Howler Moss, Biteberry, Reddamine, Blightshade, Lifesbane, Angelbreath, and Fiend Rose. Each of them has unique properties and can be found in different regions.
Monster parts, such as Demon's Heart, Paletongue, Grave Dust, and Crushed Beast Bones, are also used for crafting recipes.
Ores, such as Iron Chunk, Silver Ore, and Scattered Prism, are used for upgrading weapons and jewelry. Skins dropped by wildlife and beasts are used for upgrading armor pieces.
Salvage materials, such as Forgotten Soul, Abstruse Sigil, Coiling Ward, and Baleful Fragment, are created by salvaging items at the Blacksmith or Occultist and are used to upgrade legendary armor, weapons, jewelry, re-roll item stats, or create sigils.
In Diablo 4, every type of plant that can be found within the game world has a specific purpose in the game's crafting system. These plants can be used to create a variety of items such as potions, elixirs, and incense. Additionally, they can also be used as resources for refining materials at the Alchemist.
As you progress through the game, you may come across certain Side Quests that will reward you with Herb Caches. These caches contain a random assortment of herbs that can be used for crafting, allowing you to obtain a number of materials at once.
- Gallowvine is a herb that enhances elixirs.
- Howler Moss is a herb with vital and physical qualities.
- Biteberry is a hard, bitter berry with vital and defensive qualities.
- Reddamine is a fungus with vital and physical qualities.
- Blightshade is a toxic swamp lily with foul and aggressive qualities.
- Lifesbane is a native Kehjistani berry with potent toxins and soporific effects.
- Angelbreath is a precious and rare strain of lily-of-the-valley and an alchemical catalyst of few peers.
- Fiend Rose is an exceptionally hard-to-find herb regarded as a peerless catalyst by alchemists.
Monster parts are specific materials that can be obtained by defeating certain types of monsters in Diablo 4. These materials have various uses and can be utilized in different recipes at the Alchemist. By defeating monsters, players can collect monster parts that are required for crafting specific items such as Potions, Elixirs, and other equipment.
These materials are essential for players who want to upgrade their gear or improve their character's abilities.
- Demon's Heart is found in the bodies of demons and used for other means.
- Paletongue is found in the mouths of evil humans.
- Grave Dust is found in the bodies, bones, or cerements of the undead and used in necromatic alchemies.
- Crushed Beast Bones is found by killing beasts and animals and used to enhance physical properties.
Ores serve as valuable resources that can be used to upgrade Jewelry at the Jeweler and Weapons at the Blacksmith, thereby enhancing their overall power. These ores can be obtained in different ways, such as through mining in various locations, looting from defeated enemies, or receiving them as rewards for completing certain quests. Additionally, some Side Quests offer caches filled with ores that can provide a significant boost to a player's resources.
With these ores, players can improve their equipment and become more formidable in combat.
- Iron Chunk is a common, dark ore used to improve weapons and jewelry.
- Silver Ore is rare metal used for improving weapons and jewelry and prized for its beauty and potency against dangerous creatures.
- Scattered Prism is a rare crafting material found in very, very large bodies.
Wild animals and beasts in Diablo 4 drop skins that can be utilized to enhance and upgrade all types of armor at the Blacksmith. These hides can be obtained through hunting and killing specific creatures throughout the game.
In addition, certain Side Quests provide players with caches containing a variety of hides, which can be used to craft and upgrade armor.
- Iron Rawhide is a coarse, rugged leather used for garments, tools, and toys for the hounds of Sanctuary.
- Superior Leather is a supple, rugged leather used for fine garments and even finer armor.
These materials in Diablo 4 are obtained by salvaging items at either the Blacksmith or Occultist. Once obtained, they can be utilized in several ways, such as upgrading legendary armor and weapons at the Blacksmith, and upgrading jewelry at the Jeweler.
The materials can also be used to re-roll item stats at the Occultist or create Sigils at the same location.
- Forgotten Soul: Legendary crafting material found in ore veins during the Helltide, used to improve sacred and ancestral items.
- Abstruse Sigil: Legendary crafting material salvaged from legendary jewelry, made of fragments from storied relics and talismans with unusual properties.
- Coiling Ward: Legendary crafting material salvaged from legendary armor, made of fragments from storied armor with unusual properties.
- Baleful Fragment: Legendary crafting material salvaged from legendary weapons, made of shards from storied weapons with unusual properties.
- Veiled Crystal: Rare crafting material salvaged from rare weapons and armor, used to alter latent magic, and commonly used by Occultists and enchanters to redirect magical energy. Many crystals are needed as the process renders them inert.
- Sigil Powder: Crafting material obtained by salvaging nightmare sigils of any tier with the Occultist, used to create relics that invite peril for greater challenges and rewards.
At the bottom of your Inventory in Diablo 4, you can find a list of currencies that you have collected.
- Gold: Currency found from monsters, chests, selling items, and legendary aspects in Sanctuary. Used in various activities such as gear-related actions, crafting, extracting and applying legendary powers, removing skill points, trading, and more.
- Obols: Currency obtained by completing Outside Events. Used for gambling for gear at the Purveyor of Curiosities. A great source of Legendary Powers.
- Red Dust: No additional information available on how to obtain or use it as yet. We'll update this segment as soon as we know more.
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.