Xbox Game Pass is receiving an impressive selection of games over the last few weeks of October. With a super solid first half of the month done and dusted, we are seeing a heavy-hitting last two weeks, with multiple games that we wouldn't have expected to see on Game Pass this soon.
With the introduction of Game Pass titles like Crysis Remastered, Back 4 Blood, and Outriders over the last couple of weeks, we are keen to find out what we will be playing over the next few weeks. Game Pass truly is where it's at these days, becoming one of the best deals in gaming, but also one that apparently shows signs of slowing down.
Xbox Game Pass October 2021 Games So Far
Prior to the time of writing, which is October 21, these games have dropped onto Game Pass in October. There are some pretty impressive titles here, such as the newly-released and highly anticipated Back 4 Blood and Outriders. For those of you who are hyped for Battlefield 2042 and don't own Battlefield 4, you can now dip your toes into this modern classic on Game Pass the month.
- Phoenix Point: October 1 (Console)
- Totally Accurate Battle Simulator: October 5 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Crysis Remastered: October 7 (Console, PC)
- The Procession To Calvary: October 7 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Visage: October 7 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Back 4 Blood: October 12 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Destiny 2: Beyond Light: October 12 (PC)
- Ring Of Pain: October 14 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- The Riftbreaker: October 14 (Console, PC)
- The Good Life: October 15 (Console)
- Battlefield 4: October 19 (Cloud)
- Into The Pit: October 19 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Outriders: October 19 (PC)
Xbox Game Pass Titles Coming in October
These games will all come to Game Pass either today (October 21) or in the remainder of October. There are some real beauties here!
- Dragon Ball FighterZ: October 21 (Console, Cloud)
- Echo Generation: October 21 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Everspace 2: October 21 (PC)
- Moonglow Bay: October 26 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Age Of Empires IV: October 28 (PC, Cloud)
- Alan Wake’s American Nightmare: October 28 (Console, PC)
- Backbone: October 28 (Console)
- Bassmaster Fishing 2022: October 28 (Console, PC, Cloud)
- Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition: October 28 (Cosnole, PC, Cloud)
- The Forgotten City: October 28 (Console, PC, Cloud)
Please keep in mind that Everspace 2 is just a game preview, and the full game is not coming to Game Pass (yet). It released in mid-2020 and is yet to feature a full-scale Game Pass release. This is a shame, as it's an insanely solid game and certainly something you should check out when you get the chance.
Best RPG of the Year? What is The Forbidden City?
Forbidden City is one of the best RPGs to come out in 2021, and is almost an ancient-Roman detective game. Based on a fantastic Skyrim mod, The Forbidden City was given a full separate release earlier this year and is described as a "narrative-driven time loop adventure in ancient Rome" on its Steam page.
In The Forbidden City, you are there to solve a murder mystery. The twist? Well, this adventure centers around the "Golden Rule" that says that "The many shall suffer for the sins of the one". In other words, if one individual commits a crime, all the residents of the city will be turned into gold. The game is full of intrigue and expertly-written conversations. Now, you can solve the mystery for free on Xbox Game Pass. It's definitely one to check out! Here's the trailer:
Welcome to EarlyGame, your one-stop-shop for everything Esports and Gaming. Check out MyEarlyGame for an exclusive and customizable experience, and to become part of the EarlyGame family. Get engaged on Twitter and Facebook.