Genshin Impact Icewind Suite: This boss fight introduces us to the new Arkhe elemental combat system, which is exclusive to Fontaine characters and Hydro traveler. We will tell you everything you need to know, from how to beat this dancing meka couple, to their loot drops and which characters benefit from them.
With the arrival of Genshin Impact version 4.0 we got lots of new gameplay and things to explore. One new content is the Icewind Suite Boss fight, where you can get Talent Level-Up Materials and more for the new Fontaine characters. Here is everything you need to know about the charming couple.
Genshin Impact Icewind Suite: Game Mechanics
Just as we mentioned before, the boss uses the new Arkhe system. This means that we can use either Pneuma or Ousia against the bosses. Before you start the fight, you'll have to choose between Coppelia and Coppelius, each drop the same items with the only difference being one special item that will be either Pneuma or Ousia based.
You can find the boss at the west side of Fountaine of Lucine. Just talk to the NPC Maillardet, who asks you to help him gather experimental data. You can then choose which one of the two dancers you'd like to combat. The gameplay of the bosses are actually pretty similar: Both have four normal attacks and one special attack each, and the fights actually include both partner's elements and attacks, just that one of them is "leading" the dance. Fun fact: If you don't interact with Maillardet, you can not fight them at all, rather just go up the stairs on the opposite end of the battlefield and watch them dance, it's beautiful.
The back of your Laptop looks absolutely blank and lifeless? Your water bottle doesn't reflect how cool you actually are on the inside? The front of your math notebook is all smudged from your tears? Then I have the perfect solution for you, 100 Genshin Stickers to help you mask your issues. Get these, and they'll solve all your problems, probably!
Icewind Suite: Dirge of Coppelia
Main Boss: Lady Coppelia
- Stationary Lift: Coppelia twirls her partner around, creating a ring of ice on the ground; she hits twice with this attack. Dodge this by dashing out of her AoE.
- Glacial Flourish: She twirls Coppelius again; he then does a linear ice attack. Avoid damage by dashing away the moment you see them move quickly/twirl.
- Double Spin: Both of them quickly try to slash you with their individual elements; not easy to dodge, but does low damage. Again, if you have quick reflexes, focus on the twirling.
- Shard Spray: While spinning, Coppelius shoots out a few icicles with some space between them. You can either try standing behind them, since the era of attack is only a semicircle, or if you are reallyg ood at dodging you can try getting in the space in between the ice spikes.
Special Attack: Lady Coppelia will stand in the middle of the battleground; her Gentleman will twirl around her and then try to reach the outermost edge of the field. Coppelia will summon three Anemo vortexes. Her mate will throw two Cryo slashes at you from afar. Try to avoid the middle while her attack pattern is active; after the two ice spikes, the gentleman will join and leave her again repeatedly until the special attack pattern has been completed three times. If you try to attack her before that, she will knock you away. This move takes a long time and is hard to complete without taking much damage. If you want to end this special attack earlier, then you have to hit her with a Pneuma attack. (Hydro Traveler can use this, just try your "E") By doing this, you overload Coppelia's Ousia energy and overthrow her.
Icewind Suite: Nemesis of Coppelius
Main Boss: Gentleman Coppelius
- Death Spiral: This is an Anemo AoE attack; the couple look at each other and bow first, then perform a spin. Try to dash as soon as you see them turn to each other.
- Throw Jump: Coppelius tosses his Lady up in the air; there will be an AoE circle where she lands, but it's pretty small, so easy to dogde. This is a great time to focus on attacking the Gentleman as much as possible.
- Double Spin: Same attack as with Coppelia; both of them quickly try to slash you with their individual elements; not easy to dodge, but does low damage. Again, if you have quick reflexes, focus on the twirling.
- Salchow Jump: First, the both of them spin together again, then Coppelia does an extra twirl and starts shooting anemo balls at you, similar to the Shard Spray of Coppelius. Once again, the best way to dodge this is to try to quickly get on the opposite site to them, since the attack AoE is a half circle.
Special Attack: Now the Gentleman stands in the center and summons three floating ice crystals and also shields himself. Coppelia then dances to the other skirts of the stage and throws three Anemo slashes. After her attacks are over, she'll dance back to the front, and then after a while back to the edge of the battlefield, they will repeat this pattern three times if not broken by an Ousia attack. Currently, the only character that can use Ousia is Lynette. Just use her E against him to break his shield, or you could alternatively use a Pyro character, like Lyney!
Genshin Impact Icewind Suite: Loot and Fit Characters
At this moment in time, we don't have that many characters that benefit from their drops since we only have Lyney and Lynette at the moment, but we do think that Freminett will need the drops too.
The couple drops a special Character-Level-Up Material called "Artificed Spare Clockwork Component", which has a Coppelia and Coppelius version. These differentiate in their Arkhe alignment – you get the blue one for beating Coppelia (you currently need this for Lynette), and the white one for Coppelius.
Here is a small list of all the items that you can get from this boss fight.
Dirge of Coppelia
|Nemesis of Coppelius|
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.