Yuumi is definitely one of the most controversial champions of all time. You either hate her or you don't... there is no in between. Riot is also unable to ignore her and are currently working on a way to try and balance her. With this new update have they finally found a way to keep her out of the pro scene?
In recent days the turmoil surrounding Yuumi seems to have calmed down, due to recent nerfs which have basically made her unplayable. Seriously, the nerfs have affected her so much that in protest, Yuumi mains ran it down on purpose to tank her win rate.
Yuumi has been an issue for a while, being way too prominent in pro play, and also extremely strong in solo queue for players who just want to get carried. That's why Riot decided to rework the champion and they've finally revealed her new abilities and when you can play her on the live server.
League of Legends: Yuumi Rework Details
We've already touched upon it, but the fact is that it's awful to play against a Yuumi... not to mentioned that in the pro-scene, especially at the League of Legends World Championship, she was completely busted and had way too much of a presence.
The reason behind her popularity? Her insane damage to gold ratio. No other champion could reach the same numbers with less items than her. Add in the fact that she is practically untargetable 90% of the time and you've got one of the most toxic champions in the game and in the pro-scene. That's why Riot is working on something new for her and reworking her whole kit to make her a beginner-only champion.
- Part of the K/DA hype train? Then pick up the perfect K/DA gaming mouse to support your faves!
As just mentioned, Riot is looking to turn Yuumi into a beginner-friendly champion that is meant to introduce new players to the game who want to give it a try alongside their friends who might already be playing. That's why the team has decided to keep her W more or less as is.
In the future it should also be easier to avoid her Q projectile and her heal will heal, but only when it actually lands on an enemy. Her ultimate also won't have a root any more according to the changes outlined by Riot Phroxzon on Twitter.
With which ADC should you play if you want to go into the late game?
LoL Yuumi Rework: All Changes To Her Kit
Okay time to check out all the numbers and what Riot is changing in Yuumi's kit. These are her abilities and what they're going to be doing post-rework. These changes are currently being tested on the League of Legends Public Beta Environment (PBE).
- Helth Growth: 84 ⇒ 69
- Base Mana: 400 ⇒ 440
P - Feline Friendship
- When Yuumi hits an enemy with a basic attack or spell, she will heal herself. If she attaches to an ally within 4 seconds, they are healed too.
- While attached, she gains friendship with that ally whenever they kill a minion or champion. The ally with the most Friendship is her Best friend, granting some bonus effects to Yuumi's abilities while attached specifically to them.
- Cooldown: 20-10s (Levels 1-11)
- Heal Amount: 20-105 (+15% AP) Levels 1-18
- While her Passive is ready, Yuumi's AA range is increased by 50
Q - Prowling Projectile
- Yuumi fires a missile that slows the first enemy hit.
- If cast while attached, Yuumi can control the missile for a short period before it becomes Empowered, greatly accelerating and slowing enemies by an increased amount
- Best Friend Bonus: The slow will always be empowered and hitting enemy champions also grants 10/12/14/16/18/20 (+10% AP) on-hit damage to her ally for 5 seconds. This damage is increased by up to 75% based on hr Ally's critical strike chance
- Cooldown: 7.5/7.25/7/6.75/6.5/6.25 seconds
- Mana Cost: 50 at all ranks
- Base Damage: 60/90/120/150/180/210 (+20% AP)
- Base Slow: 20% decaying over 1s
- Empowered Damage: 80/140/200/2620/320/380 (+35% AP)
- Empowered Slow: 55/60/65/70/75/80% for decaying over 2 seconds
- Missile Width: 65 ⇒ 55
- Reveals targets hit by the ability
W - You And Me!
- Adaptive Force for Yuumi/Ally: Removed
- NO longer counts as a "Positive Boon" for Summon Aery
- Best Friend Bonus: Yuumi gains an additional 10-20% Heal & Shield Power (based on ally level), and her anchored ally gains 3/5/7/9/11 (+4% AP) On-Hit healing. This is affected by Yuumi's heal & shield power
E - Zoomies!
- [NEW] Now Shields allies instead of healing
- Cooldown: 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds
- Mana Cost: 80/90/100/110/120
- Shield Strength: 90/120/150/180/210 (+30% AP)
- Movement Speed: 20% for the duration of the shield
- Attack Speed: 35% (+8% pro 100 AP)
- Resotres 20/24/28/32/36 Mana to her anchor (not herself) increased by up to 100% based on their missing mana (30% bis 80% missing mana)
- No Best Friend Bonus, all allies can be saved by Yuumi
R - Final Chapter:
- For 3.5s, Yuumi fires 5 magical waves that affect enemies and allies. If cast while attached, Yuumi can steer the waves to follow her mouse
- For Ally Champions, the waves heal. The heal is increased by 130% on her Best Friend. All excess healing is converted to a shield, lasting 3s after the ability ends
- For all enemies, the waves deal damage and apply a stacking slow
- Cooldown: 110/100/90s ⇒ 120/110/100s
- Damage per Wave: 60/80/100 (+20% AP) ⇒ 75/100/125 (+20% AP)
- Healing per Wave: 35/50/65 (+15% AP)
- Slow Duration: 1.25s
- Slow Amount: 10% + 10% additive per wave hit (max. 50% Slow)
- Best Friend Bonus: Waves also grant Yuumi's Best Friend 20/40/60 (+10% AP) Armor and Magic Resistance for the duration of the spell
What do you guys think about these upcoming changes to Yuumi's kit? This kit seems like she will never actually detach from her allie's back, but that might be the point. We will have to see how this kit fares in pro play and whether it'll be picked at the 2023 Mid-Season Invitational.
LoL Yuumi-Rework: Release Date
Let's not beat around the bush and get straight to the point. Yuumi's rework is going to hit live servers in LoL Patch 13.5. As mentioned further above it is currently on the PBE server for testing and feedback, so there will likely still be some adjustments to the kit before it goes live for everyone.
You won't have to wait long to find out whether this new Yuumi is just as annoying as toxic as the old one. Sure, LoL Patch 13.4 just came out, but two weeks of wait time is practically nothing, right?
Until then, enjoy the melee support meta we've got going on right now, especially with fun picks like Nautilus and Rakan being completely OP. Hopefully the nerfs to enchanter supports also affect Yuumi with her rework, since let's be real engage supports are 100 times more fun.
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.