We've barely met Chamber, and we'll already have the pleasure of meeting another new Valorant Agent. Who is Neon, when is she coming out, and what can we expect from her? Let's find that out.
What an exciting year it has been for Valorant! Two amazing Episodes, the first official eSport season, new maps, new Agents... Riot really spoiled us in 2021. And they aren't stoppin'! In early 2022, we'll get a new Valorant Agent named Neon. It's that famous "Sprinter" you may have heard about from the leaks we've seen this summer thanks to the work of Valorant data miners (ahh, what would we do without them):
riot is either messing up or trolling lul pic.twitter.com/3ORfC9Fe85— Mike - Valorleaks (@ValorLeaks) July 7, 2021
Alright, but what other than the fact that her Codename is "Sprinter", her actual name will be Neon, and that she will be the eighteenth Agent in the Valorant universe? Let's take a look at everything we know about Neon so far.
- Valorant seems hard? Try these Agents: Easiest Valorant Agents To Play For Each Class
Agent Neon: Abilities & Identity
Neon will be a 6th Duelist Agent in the game. That's quite interesting, especially since we have another Duelist that "goes fast" and it's Jett. However, although it is similar to Jett in many ways, in practice there is one major difference between them - Neon is more about being fast on the ground, where Jett is considerably faster in the air.
Here are all of Neon's abilities and their official descriptions:
- FAST LANE | C Ability - FIRE two energy lines forward on the ground that extend a short distance or until they hit a surface. The lines rise into walls of static electricity that block vision and damage enemies passing through them.
That's pretty much 2 Phoenix walls that hold for 6 seconds. However, from what we know now, these walls only damage your enemies, so your allies can safely go through them and use them to their advantage.
- RELAY BOLT | Q Ability - INSTANTLY throw an energy bolt that bounces once. Upon hitting each surface, the bolt electrifies the ground below with a concussive blast.
This ability is pretty much an instant concussion grenade that stuns anyone who comes within its range (even your allies).
- HIGH GEAR | E Ability - INSTANTLY channel Neon’s power for increased speed. When charged, ALT FIRE to trigger an electric slide. Slide charge resets every two kills.
And that's this famous sprint ability, which is the main reason why this Agent had the codename "Sprinter". High Gear ability uses your energy to move much faster (and also much louder). You can't use any of your weapons while sprinting, but you can use all your abilities, even ultimate. When you press the right mouse button while sprinting, you'll slide.
- OVERDRIVE | X Ability, Ultimate - Unleash Neon’s full power and speed for a short duration. FIRE to channel the power into a deadly lightning beam with high movement accuracy. Both duration and slide reset on each kill.
Her Ultimate will essentially be Jett's Blade Storm but with an electric lightning beam instead of knives. It's super accurate, and just like Jett's blade storm, you don't have to worry about losing any accuracy whatever you'll be doing.
Agent Neon: Release Date
We'll get to know Neon as soon as in the first Act of the Episode 4, which comes out on January 12, 2022. Just like with the other Agents, you have to reach Tier 5 of her Agent contract to unlock her.
Neon Contract pic.twitter.com/axb60RUn9W— EarlyGame (@earlygamegg) January 7, 2022
So, it's safe to say that Riot started this year with a bump. We're sure you can't wait to see what's in store for the game for 2022, so follow our Valorant section and social media profiles like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to stay up to date with all the hottest Valorant news.