Season 6 will usher in the final Black Ops Cold War season before Call of Duty: Vanguard takes the helm and provides us with the next year of CoD content. What does Treyarch have in store for us in the last season? Let's take a look at the BOCW Season 6 Update 1.23 Patch Notes.
As always, we only go into the most important things here so as not to waste your valuable time. You can find the full patch notes over on Treyarch's website.
When Does BOCW Season 6 Start?
BOCW Season 6 starts on October 7 at 6PM CEST. You can, of course, preload the update as always to start the action straight away.
BOCW Season 6 Update 1.23 Patch Notes
BOCW Update 1.26 Patch Notes: Global
- Season Six
- New 100-Tier Battle Pass available.
- Mason: New Mason Operator available at Tier 0 in the Season Six Battle Pass.
- Fuze: New Fuze Operator arriving later in the season.
- Bulldozer: Three bonus panda-themed Operator Skins for Bulldozer included with Season Six Battle Pass Bundle purchase.
- .410 Ironhide: New .410 Ironhide Shotgun available for free at Tier 15 of the Battle Pass System.
- Grav: New Grav Assault Rifle available for free at Tier 31 of the Battle Pass System.
- Assault Rifles
- Reduced maximum damage from 48 to 42.
- Increased vertical recoil on first bullet fired.
- Removed -7% fire rate penalty from 25.8” Task Force Barrel attachment.
- Increased horizontal recoil control penalty on 25.8” Task Force Barrel attachment from 15% to 25%.
- Added 12% horizontal recoil reduction to STANAG 60 Rnd Drum attachment.
- Added 8% vertical recoil reduction to STANAG 60 Rnd Drum attachment.
- Submachine Guns
- Reduced ADS speed from 0.233 to 0.266.
- Reduced sprint to fire speed from 0.3 to 0.333.
- Reduced weapon swap speed from 0.35 to 0.375.
- Increased effective range penalty on Burst Fire Repeater Muzzle attachment from 15% to 33%.
- KSP 45
- Reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4x to 1.33x.
- Increased damage increase on 10.5” Task Force Barrel attachment to 8%.
- Reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4x to 1.33x.
- Reduced max damage range from 5.08m to 3.81m.
- Reduced firing speed from 0.35 to 0.366.
- Increased range penalty on Dragon’s Breath attachment from 8% to 25%.
- Bonus Damage from Dragon’s Breath is now reduced at ranges beyond 6.66m. Maximum bonus damage has been reduced from 40 to a maximum of 24. The 12.1” Extended Barrel attachment increases this range before damage drop off.
- All Shotguns: Increased effective damage range bonus on Ranger Barrel attachments from 30% to 33%.
- Hauer 77: Added slightly longer visual shake after firing.
- Streetsweeper: Added more dramatic visual and weapon movement when firing.
- Nail Gun: Shots to the head and neck now do 2x damage.
BOCW Update 1.26 Patch Notes: Multiplayer
- Deprogram (6v6): Check out our BOCW Deprogram Map Guide.
- Amerika (6v6): Check out our BOCW Amerika Map Guide.
- Gluboko (2v2, 3v3): Check out our BOCW Gluboko Map Guide.
- Deprogram 24/7
- Face Off Gluboko 24/7
- NukeJacked 24/7
- Gunfight Tournament
- Face Off 6v6 (now featuring Gluboko)
- 12v12 Moshpit (now featuring Deprogram and Amerika)
- Party Games
BOCW Update 1.26 Patch Notes: Zombies
- PhD Slider: New upgradeable Perk now available from the PhD Slider machine in “Forsaken” and in the Der Wunderfizz machine in all round-based maps and Outbreak.
- Skill Tiers:
- Base ability: Sliding into enemies triggers an explosion. The size and damage increase the farther you slide before impact.
- Skill Tier I: Immunity to environmental damage while sliding.
- Skill Tier II: Increased slide duration.
- Skill Tier III: Immunity to self-inflicted explosive damage.
- Skill Tier IV: Increased slide speed.
- Skill Tier V: Falling from a large height will trigger an explosion. The size and damage increase the higher you fall.
- New multi-function Chrysalax Wonder Weapon available in "Forsaken" via in-game quest, Trials, or the Mystery Box.
- Chrysalax Savager mode takes the form of an Aetherial battle axe. Players can kill multiple zombies with a single swipe and throw a spinning energy blade in melee form.
- Chrysalax Storm mode takes the form of a rapid-fire energy weapon by transforming the axe hilt into a front grip. Shots have the chance to turn normal zombies into Aetherium Crystal bombs.
- The D.I.E. Wonder Weapon can now be upgraded at the Pack-a-Punch machine.
- ARC-XD: New ARC-XD Support Weapon available in all round-based maps and Outbreak.
Hand Cannon: New Hand Cannon Support Weapon available in all round-based maps and Outbreak.
- New Elite enemy introduced in Season Six: The Abomination.
- Adjusted Plaguehound pounce behavior to make their attacks easier to telegraph and dodge.
- Adjusted Tempest teleport behavior so that it now teleports in bursts. After multiple teleports, it will be unable to teleport for a period of time.
- Forsaken [NEW]
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region)
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Deprogram (PlayStation) [NEW]
- Onslaught Elite (PlayStation) [NEW]
- Onslaught Containment (PlayStation)
Of course, there are also new playlists matching the new maps with challenges, prestige levels, and battle pass rewards. What is particularly interesting, however, is that Treyarch is starting the new season directly with a Double XP Weekend.
BOCW & Warzone Double XP Weekend
From October 8-11, Black Ops Cold War and Warzone will have Double XP and Double Weapons XP. This makes it the perfect time to grind the new Battle Pass and level up the new weapons.
- Weapon Tuning & Balance Changes in BOCW Season 6
- BOCW Season 6: Gluboko Map Guide
- BOCW & Vanguard Zombies: The Dark Aether Story So Far...
Welcome to EarlyGame, your one-stop-shop for everything Esports and Gaming. Check out MyEarlyGame for an exclusive and customizable experience, and to become part of the EarlyGame family. Get engaged on Twitter and Facebook.
This article was originally written by Lukas Ballat.