Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is receiving a plethora of weapon tuning and balance changes when Season 6 drops on Thursday, October 7. It's actually pretty exciting news, with new balance changes coming to a variety of weapons. This could potentially fix a few of the lagging problems we have had with BOCW.
The thing about Black Ops Cold War Season 6 is that it is set to be the most impressive season of the game's career. It's a shame that it took until the game's final season for Treyarch to pull out all the stops. Honestly, there have been so few original maps over the last year that we here at the EarlyGame office have been dubbing it "CoD: Here's Another Remake". Sure, some remakes have been great, but it's all been kinda lazy.
Before we dive head-first into the weapon tuning and balance changes coming to BOCW, you should catch yourself up on Season 6. Here are a few highlights:
- Everything Coming in Warzone & BOCW Season 6 Roadmap: New Weapons, Operators & More
- BOCW Season 6: Deprogram Map Guide
- Black Ops Cold War Forsaken Zombies Map Revealed: Release Date & Details
What Weapon Tuning & Balance Changes Are Coming to BOCW Season 6?
Black Ops Cold War is receiving weapon tuning and balance changes for the EM2, TEC-9, Marshal, C58, LC10, and more. Since the Season will be kicking off tomorrow, we already got the patch notes and know exactly what will be changed. So here are the complete BOCW Season 6 weapon tuning patch notes:
- Reduced maximum damage from 48 to 42.
- Increased vertical recoil on first bullet fired.
- Removed -7% fire rate penalty from 25.8” Task Force Barrel attachment.
- Increased horizontal recoil control penalty on 25.8” Task Force Barrel attachment from 15% to 25%.
- Added 12% horizontal recoil reduction to STANAG 60 Rnd Drum attachment.
- Added 8% vertical recoil reduction to STANAG 60 Rnd Drum attachment.
- Reduced ADS speed from 0.233 to 0.266.
- Reduced sprint to fire speed from 0.3 to 0.333.
- Reduced weapon swap speed from 0.35 to 0.375.
- Increased effective range penalty on Burst Fire Repeater Muzzle attachment from 15% to 33%.
- KSP 45
- Reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4x to 1.33x.
- Increased damage increase on 10.5” Task Force Barrel attachment to 8%.
- Reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4x to 1.33x.
- Reduced max damage range from 5.08m to 3.81m.
- Reduced firing speed from 0.35 to 0.366.
- Increased range penalty on Dragon’s Breath attachment from 8% to 25%.
- Bonus Damage from Dragon’s Breath is now reduced at ranges beyond 6.66m. Maximum bonus damage has been reduced from 40 to a maximum of 24. The 12.1” Extended Barrel attachment increases this range before damage drop off.
- All Shotguns
- Increased effective damage range bonus on Ranger Barrel attachments from 30% to 33%.
- Hauer 77
- Added slightly longer visual shake after firing.
- Added more dramatic visual and weapon movement when firing.
- Nail Gun
- Shots to the head and neck now do 2x damage.
We can expect that these changes may have quite a significant effect on the BOCW meta in particular, and will lay out the future of the game in the Call of Duty: Vanguard era. This will likely be the final massive update, so if they want the game to have any legs, there will need to be some significant fixes. It won't matter so much for Warzone, as the game will continue to be updated and massive changes are surely coming with the new Warzone Pacific Map.
Watch for Season Six patch notes next week, including weapon tuning for the Marshal, TEC-9, EM2, C58, KSP 45, LC10 + more. pic.twitter.com/tQ0KuRuNjR— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) September 30, 2021
What's Coming to BOCW in Season 6?
- 100 New Battle Pass Tiers, including the return of Alex Mason
- Three free weapons at launch: .410 Ironhide Shotgun, Grav Assault Rifle, and Battle Axe
- New MP maps: Deprogram (6v6), Amerika (6v6), and Gluboko (2v2/3v3)
- New Zombies map: “Forsaken”
- New Zombies Perk: PhD Slider
- New Zombies Wonder Weapon: Chrysalax
- New Zombies Support Weapons: ARC-XD and Hand Cannon
- New Zombies Onslaught map, mode, and Weapon Blueprint challenge (PlayStation®)
- New Prestige Shop Weapon Blueprint and Legacy content
- Four new Prestige Levels
- Weapon tuning for the EM2, TEC-9, Marshal, C58, LC10 + more
- New Multiplayer & Zombies Season Challenges
- + More MP & Zombies content incoming during “The Haunting” Event, starting Oct. 19
With BOCW Season 6 ending, many continue to ask: "wait, did it prevail until the end?" Well, it may be considered to be "prevailing", as we just said, but is most certainly not well-liked. History has not treated, and will continue to not treat Black Ops Cold War kindly, and it's deservedly so. We wonder whether BOCW's weapon tuning and balance changes can continue to flog a few more miles out of this dead horse – but to be honest, we doubt it.
- Bunkers Are Returning To Warzone Next Week!
- BOCW & Warzone Season 6 Event "The Haunting": Release Date, Details & More
- The OG Gulag Is Coming Back! Could Warzone Season 6 Be The Best Yet?
Welcome to EarlyGame, your one-stop-shop for everything Esports and Gaming. Check out MyEarlyGame for an exclusive and customizable experience, and to become part of the EarlyGame family. Get engaged on Twitter and Facebook.