As a rule of thumb, Warzone plays aggressively with bigger teams, but it's far more campy with smaller teams. In Quads and Trios, for example, players will happily engage threats, but in Duos they start to think twice, and in Solos most players are full on camping with claymores by the door and a baby monitor in hand. This can make solos a bit of a snooze fest. But what if Solos could be made more action packed?
The latest Limited-Time-Mode aims to do just that. It's called Champion of Caldera, and the rule set is designed to alleviate players from the task of looting and encourage them instead to go for kills. When you're aggressive in this mode, you'll be rewarded even more than usual, so this is definitely going to shake up the solos meta. Here's everything you need to know about the new LTM.
How Does Champion of Caldera Work?
Champion of Caldera is solos, but you start with all your stuff and a free respawn, so you can focus on killing instead. Here are the exact rules for Champion of Caldera:
- Champion of Caldera features 150 maximum players.
- The gas will be a single, continuously closing circle.
- All Operators will drop in with Custom Loadouts, a Gas Mask, and a single Redeploy Extraction Token.
- The item pool is slightly altered to emphasize equipment not normally found in Loadouts and Epic- to Legendary-rarity weapons.
- Buy Stations will have the Advanced UAV, Explosive Bow, and even the Specialist Bonus (for a hefty fee).
- Kills in this game mode immediate refill player health, equipment, and ammo.
The Specialist Token is $50,000 so don't get all hyped that you'll be picking this up every time you can hit the buy.
How Long Will Champion of Caldera Run For?
Champion of Caldera will run from Wednesday, May 25 at 13:00 ET (18:00 BST / 19:00 CET) until Wednesday, June 8 at 13:00 ET (18:00 BST / 19:00 CET). So you've got two solid weeks to enjoy this new mode, which will come as quite a treat to the often neglected solos player base.
We'll update if you there are any changes made to the mode. And if you're looking for what weapon to deploy with in Champion of Caldera, try this out for size.