You can delete your Twitter account in a few simple steps, no matter the device you're using. Here is how you do it.
Twitter has always been a cesspool of weird and unlikable people typing out their weirdest and most random thoughts just to tell them. Nobody really thought it could get any worse, until Elon Musk took over.
It didn't even take a week for Elon to turn Twitter from bad to worse. For example by letting people use slurs without consequences, all in the name of free speech, or introducing the verification for $8 a month.
By far the biggest shit storm started, when he decided to fire more than 50% of his workforce, without any further notice. People just love to hate Twitter right now.
So if you're finally fed up with Twitter, here is how you delete your account for good.
How To Delete Your Twitter Account
Twitter is full of abusive comments, hate speech and toxicity. So that alone is enough of a reason to delete your account. But can you even permanently delete it? Yes, you can! All you have to do is deactivate your account first, and Twitter will delete it automatically after 30 days have passed.
What you have to do, to deactivate your account is:
- Tap on your profile pic or the menu icon in the upper left corner and select "Settings and Privacy"
- Open "Your Account"
- Scroll down to find the "Deactivate Account" option, which you should obviously click on
- Then just quickly skim through the information about what it means to deactivate your account, yare yare yare, and tap on "Deactivate" again
- After this, confirm your password and confirm that you want to deactivate your account. Again!
- After this, Twitter will confirm your decision, and you're done
If you want to delete your account, it is different for each device. The thing they have in common though is everything once you have found the "Settings and Privacy" option.
On Desktop, you will find it if you tap the (...) More button on the left of the screen, on your phone you will find it after tapping on your profile pic.
So if you're done with Twitter, it is just that easy to delete your account. You should definitely do it, if you value your mental health.
This truly is a boring dystopia we're living in, but it can be entertaining. Sometimes: