New details have been released concerning the 2022 Next World Forum, read all about them below.
Right first things first, if you don't know what the Next World Forum is then go away and read this article first. Long story short, it's a conference taking place in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and it's the concluding event of a gaming festival being held in the same location, Gamers8. Various gaming federations and government bodies from around the world will be in attendance, and they'll be discussing the future of esports. New details have just been released on the Forum, and you can read all about them below.
Next World Forum: New Details
The August 11 press release provides us now with a more detailed list of the guests in attendance, and there are some very big names.
We now know that the following will be in attendance:
- His Royal Highness Prince Faisal bin Bandar bin Sultan, Chairman of the Saudi Esports Federation
- Chester King, CEO, British Esports & Vice-President, Global Esports Federation
- Mario Pérez Guerreira CEO, MENA & Partner, GGTech
- Sayo Olowabi, Security General, Africa Esports Development Federation (AEDF)
- Grant Johnson, Chairman and CEO, Esports Entertainment Group
- Professor Glenn Platt, Armstrong Chair in Emerging Technology, Co-Founder & Director of Esports Program, Miami University
- David Schulman, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig
- Boris Mayencourt, President, E-LVETS & Swiss Esports Federation
- Emmanuel Oyelakin, President, Africa Electronic Sports Association
- Mo Fadl, Chief Publishing Officer, Bright Star Studios
- Madiha 'Madi' Naz, Esports Athlete and Esports Relationship Agent, Division
- Philip Wride, CEO, Cheesecake Digital
- Noura Al Aquil, Chief Customer Officer & Head of Strategy, SAP
- Mark Cai, Content Creator, Esports and Gaming
Yep, this is a truly international event.
What Is Gamers8?
Gamers8, from the creators of Gamers Without Borders, is a global gaming and esports festival with a mission to blur the lines between what's physical and what's virtual. Established to bring the virtual world of gaming and esports out into the physical realm of Riyadh, the capital city of Saudi Arabia, Gamers8 will be held for eight weeks this summer from July 14 – September 8.
Offering elite and competitive tournaments, entertainment, activities and attractions, incredible music concerts and shows, plus more, Gamers8 concludes with a gaming and esports summit that brings together sector leaders and experts from around the world.
The elite gaming competitions will host the biggest esports teams in the world across five different titles with a total prize pool of $15 million, all hosted in a state of the art, purpose-built venue at Boulevard Riyadh City.
Organized by the Saudi Esports Federation, the event is being brought by a series of partners including Mastercard, SAVVY Gaming Group, ESL FACEIT Group, Spotify, and Aramco, each collaborating to provide gamers around the world an experience like no other.
What Is The SEF?
The Saudi Esports Federation is the regulating body in charge of nurturing elite gaming athletes and developing the gaming community and industry in Saudi Arabia.
The federation’s activities are categorized into two complementary streams. The first stream works to develop all levels of competitive gamers, starting with the grassroots community level and moving up to professional esports athletes that can achieve global excellence. The second stream works to develop the entire gaming/esports value chain by catalyzing the industry and enabling talent.
Since its establishment in late 2017, the federation has organized multiple world-class national and international tournaments and events, attracted investment from local private sector actors and worked with international developers on opportunities in the Saudi market.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, was your rundown on the Next World Forum's August 11 press release.