Elden Ring is the best game in the world! It has the perfect open world and gives us an incredible amount of freedom to play how we want. Whether you want to beat up enemies with a big club, snipe them with a bow from a distance, or use magic and incantation on the bosses, every build is viable and fun. Today, we have a treat for all Arcane builds out there, which rely on bleed damage and strong incantations. We'll show you where you can find one of the best incantations in the game, the Swarm of Flies.
Where Can You Find The Swarm of Flies?
The Swarm of Flies is technically an endgame item and will usually be found relatively late in the game, as it is located in an area that you must unlock first. More specifically, you need to reach the Mohgwyn Palace. We'll describe the normal path here, but you can also reach the palace much earlier via Varre's quest, which we've described in more detail here.
Reach Mohgwyn Palace
For the normal route to Mohgwyn Palace, you will need to get to the Consecrated Snowfield in the north of Elden Ring's map.
- To do this, find the secret Haligtree Medallion and use it to activate the Grand Lift of Rold.
- Ride northwest into the snowy area.
- Find the "Yelough Anix Ruins".
- Go to the area northwest of the ruins.
- Here you will find a teleporter, which will bring you to Mohgwyn.
Find the Cave with Swarm of Flies
- Just follow the only available route until you come to the "Palace Approach Ledge-Road".
- Continue south along the path (you can simply ignore the numerous enemies).
- Always keep to the right wall in the red lake of blood.
- Skip the first cave and go into the second one.
- Two easy enemies are waiting here and at the end of the cave you will find a corpse with the Swarm of Flies incantation.
Why Is The Swarm of Flies Incantation So Strong?
The Swarm of Flies incantation deals a lot of damage and boosts bleed build-up, so it's perfect for players who are focused on dealing bleed damage. Here is the official in-game description:
Releases a swarm of bloodflies before the caster to assault foes. The vile swarm deals damage and builds up onset of blood loss.
The incantation can even be used while in motion, so you don't even have to stop to send nasty flies towards your enemies. Neat!
Swarm of Flies requires 11 Faith and 16 Arcane to cast. So the requirements are not too high and can be achieved with items or a few extra points here and there with almost any build.
If you want to use Swarm of Flies, we recommend a bleed build. Since the Rivers of Blood Katana is currently part of the meta and also scales with Arcane, we think it might be the best choice as a main weapon for you. If you need a bit more healing power though, then we also have all the locations for Golden Seeds and Sacred Tears for you.