Elden Ring is popular not only because of its great open world, but also because of its cool bosses. And there are more than a few huge bosses in Elden Ring. However, you'll only encounter a fraction of them during the story, because tons of bosses are completely optional and some of them are really well hidden. Just like the Moonveil Katana or the Mimic Tear Ashes, some bosses need some work to be found. But luckily we are here to show you the right way. Today we'll take a look at where to find the Lichdragon Fortissax. Get ready for some legwork...
Where Do You Find The Lichdragon Fortissax Secret Boss?
In order to fight the Lichdragon Fortissax, you first must complete an NPC quest. So we will give you a complete guide to Fia's quest below. If you have already completed Fia's quest, you can jump directly to "Beat the Lichdragon Fortissax".
Follow Fia's Quest
Fia is one of the many NPCs you will encounter throughout the game. Below, we have a complete rundown of Fia's quest for you:
- You will find the NPC Fia in the Roundtable Hold, sitting on the bed in the room to the right of the blacksmith.
- Let her hug you, and talk to her until there are no more dialog options.
- Now we can leave Fia for a bit and go on to advance Ranni's quest.
- If you have followed Ranni's quest far enough (you must have given her the "Fingerslaying Blade" from Nokron), she will give you the inverted Carian Statue.
- With this statue, you can turn the tower upside down at the Site of Grace "Study Hall Entrance" in Liurnia.
- Fight your way through the tower and cross the bridge to get the "Cursemark of Death".
- Return to the Roundtable, and talk to Fia again (get multiple hugs to exhaust all dialogue options).
- She will give you a weathered dagger, which you can now give to D (the golden knight sitting in the main room of the Roundtable Hold.
- Rest at a Site of Grace, and D will be gone.
- You will now find D dead along with Fia in the room at the end of the hallway with the blacksmith and Roderika.
- You can now collect D's armor, which will play a role later.
- Fia now leaves the Roundtable Hold, and we have to go underground to Siofra.
From here on, we will explain to you the exact way through the underground until you reach the Lichdragon Fortissax at the end of Fia's quest.
Get Through Siofra
- Travel to the "Ancestral Woods" Site of Grace (for the exact way there, see our guide on the Mimic Tear Ashes).
- From here on, head north and through a cave with jellyfish, where you'll find the "Aqueduct-Facing Cliffs" grace location.
- Follow the path, jump on the buildings in front of you, and keep moving north until you reach a fog wall behind which a boss fight awaits you.
- Before you cross the fog wall, you should talk to the NPC in front of the gate. It is D's brother, and you can decide if you want to give him the armor of the deceased D (if you give him the armor, he will kill Fia later, but this does not affect the quest).
- Now defeat the boss, which we won't spoil here, and activate the grace "Great Waterfall Basin".
- Now look for a stone coffin that can be found in the water near the Site of Grace.
- Rest in the coffin and you will be transported to a new location.
Get Through Deeproot Depths
- After a short cutscene, you will arrive at the Site of Grace "Great Waterfall Crest" in the Deeproot Depths.
- Move west here and cross the chasm on the big roots.
- In the far west, at the edge of the cliff, you will find the Site of Grace "Deeproot Depths".
- From here, keep riding north along the edge of the cliff until you reach the Site of Grace, "The Nameless Eternal City".
- From here you have to climb up the huge roots.
- From the roots you will come to a ledge with the next Site of Grace "Across the Roots".
- From here, go through the gate, and you will come to a large arena with a huge tree on the opposite side.
Finish Fia's Quest
- Once you've entered the arena deep enough, another boss fight will start (which again we won't spoil).
- Complete the fight and talk to Fia, who is now sitting at the base of the giant tree.
- Get a hug and give her the "Cursemark of Death".
- Rest now at the Site of Grace "Throne of the Prince of Death", which appears after the boss fight.
- Fia should now be asleep, and you can activate the teleporter gate to travel to the Deathbed Dream.
Beat the Lichdragon Fortissax
- After traveling to the Deathbed Dream, you'll find yourself in the same arena, but now you'll face the Lichdragon Fortissax.
- The giant dragon throws lightning bolts around like crazy and will give you a tough fight.
- After you have defeated Fortissax, you will automatically be teleported back from the dream.
- Now you can pick up the Death Prince Rune from Fia's sleeping body, which you can use to activate one of the different endings at the end of the game.
- Travel to another Site of Grace and return here, if you have given D's brother the armor.
- D's brother is now standing in front of the murdered Fia and you can talk to him…
- Rest again at the Site of Grace, and he disappears, leaving you again the armor and the Inseparable Sword.
That's all, folks. Follow the steps above, and you will complete both Fia's quest and the boss fight against the Lichdragon Fortissax. Oh, and of course, you'll also get D's armor and the fancy greatsword. If you run into problems along the way, just collect some runes and level up as much as you can.