Hogwarts Legacy is a huge success but still has some issues in terms of performance. Thankfully, the devs have now launched their first patch update, with some changes to improve the overall gameplay performance and stability.
Hogwarts Legacy is finally in our lives.And it's perfect, right? Well... sure, we love it, but there are definitely some improvements and upgrades that still need to be made.
The game still has a lot of issues with performance, especially on PC. That is why the devs have already started releasing updates. Here are the most recent patch notes.
Hogwarts Legacy March 8 Update | Patch Notes
The March 8 update, patch 1.05, only contained bug fixes, and hence it was only 1.129 GB. Here are the patch notes:
- Improve player account network registration and tracking.
- Fixed DLC related issues during pause menu, gear menu.
- Fixed DLC flying mount inventory issue potentially disappearing during a mission.
- Fixed blocker issue when unlocking the bandit camp cage before starting the mission.
- Fixed not being able to complete a quest during a specific conversation with Madam Kogawa missing from her desk.
- Fixed avatar getting stuck between barrel and furnace by jumping or opening tool wheel.
- Fixed a duplication collision next to one of the store entrances.
- Fixed issue with waypoints being in the air instead of the ground within Hogsmeade.
- Fixed objective maker being over Fig properly after waiting period.
- Fixed missing exit prompt on some doors within Hogwarts.
- Fixed opening butterfly chests other than the intended ones for a quest doesn’t count toward mission progression.
- Fixed butterflies to not appearing at the specified area to progress the mission again.
- Fixed incorrect merge mission progression.
- Fixed stability issue in the Spoons in the Potion’s classroom.
- Fixed stars being present when focusing telescope during Astronomy class on low settings.
- Fixed stars brightness and pop issues with Astronomy mini-games.
- Fixed shields not displaying correctly during Crossing Wands missions.
- Broom flight
- Fixed player getting trapped while mounting a broom or while or rotating a statue.
- Fixed not landing on Viaduct bridge.
- Fixed mesh breaking when avatar mounts broom after teleporting in open area.
- Fixed flash and shuttering when mounting any broom.
- World Events
- Fixed wagon carts clipping into one another while avatar is blocking them.
- Fixed occasional respawning duplication of One-Man Band in Hogsmeade
- Fixed issue with characters that do not have hair.
- Fixed broom speed parameters.
- Fixed enemy shields not displaying correctly during Cross Wands missions.
- Fixed enemy shields disappearing after being hit several times.
- Fixed visibility of constellations at the astronomy table.
- Fixed Dark Wizard Extortionist AOE lightning VFX attack remaining on screen.
- Fixed audio of waterfall in the cliffside based on avatars proximity.
- Update latest audio sound banks.
- Updated localization strings
- Fixed female avatar face appearing different from the creation preview during gameplay.
- Fixed transition between UI purchase window and forced conversation with vendors.
- Fixed map showing wrong path to the map chamber.
- Fixed damaged being represented when enemy is hit with transformation and Ancient Magic Throw.
- Improve tracking for Room of Requirement.
- Updated facial animations.
- Fixed NPC treadmilling during the House Cup.
- Fixed blurred texture and LOD pop.
- Fixed Avatar robes appearing before Fig makes them appear before the sorting ceremony.
- Improve stability and performance after long play throughs.
- Improve VFX performance during while raytracing.
- Improve performance by batching and caching raytracing buffers.
- Removed fog volumes for better BVH performance.
- Save Game
- Fixed not being able to talk to Vendors during sequential saves after issue being patched.
- Fixed streaming in and out after getting the ‘Dung Bomb’ field guide and loading a manual save.
- Fixed an issue when turning off the title and loading an auto-save during final credits causing an infinite loading screen.
- Fixed voice pitch setting save issue with avatar.
- Performance and Stability
- Fixed streaming issues throughout Hogwarts.
- Fixed crash when common room is being shown to the player.
- Fixed crash with skeletal mesh.
- Fixed crash with deflection impacts.
- Fixed crash when reading dictionary files.
- Fixed performance when using ancient magic squash finisher on elevated Thornback Ambusher in Rune Door arena.
- Improve rendering performance of translucent objects.
- Fixed crash during a story graph.
- Fixed streaming of plants in the Slytherin Common Room.
- Fixed several memory leaks.
- Fixed crash with map icon state.
- Fixed crash with invalid UI.
- Fixed streaming out of the Great Hall while navigating Hogwarts
- Fixed crash during audio occlusion checks around player.
- Fixed crash when using explosive barrels.
- Fixed crash when using Incendio spell.
- Fixed crash when using Accio, Congringo, or Stupefy spells.
- Fixed crash when updating gear items.
- Fixed crash recursive crash with Solomons shields.
- Fixed crash with mount zones.
- Fixed crash during combat cursed lifetime.
- Fixed crash during and spawning race on broom.
- Fixed occlusion culling with doors opening and closing.
- Fixed occlusion culling issue.
- Fixed a crash when travelling to Professor Fig’s classroom.
- Fixed crashes related with Niagara and destructible related VFX.
- Fixed a crash with damage over time not registering correctly.
- Fixed crash spawning actor not being stored correctly.
- Fixed crash with spawning actors correctly.
- Fixed crash during character creation.
- Fixed optimization animation instancing.
- Fixed crash with moving stairs.
- Fixed crash with VFX after prolonged play throughs.
- Fixed crash related transformations in Overland.
- Fixed crash dealing with object state.
- Fixed crash with parry in combat.
- Fixed crash with VFX AOE.
- Fixed crash with hints.
- Fixed crash with achievements with an invalid online user id.
- Fixed crash while speaking to Rackham.
- Fixed crash when using Wingardium.
- Fixed performance drops experienced during longevity of the game.
- Fixed performance drop in Divination classroom.
- Updated “Special Thanks” credits and legal lines.
- Fixed character lip-sync animation when “Original Audio” is set.
- Fixed localized VO not playing correctly when set to “Original Audio” is set.
- Improve LED effects.
- Activities and Game Help
- Improve Activities performance update and memory usage.
- Update to Game Help hints and videos.
- Xbos Series S|X
- Fixed black flickering on characters face.
- Fixed graphical glitches with Fig’s head when he first opens the door.
- Fixed shadow flicker in tea cup.
- Performance and Stability
- Improved frame rate performance issue when dismissing the contextual menu.
- Improve fidelity mode performance for smooth 30 FPS experience.
Hogwarts Legacy February 14 Update | Patch Notes
Of course, it's not too uncommon for a game to have some bugs after release, especially since a game of this size is never going to be 100% perfect, but that's okay. Portkey Games is committed to providing the best performance for their players, therefore, they already launched the first patch just five days after the official release. Here is everything, in the new update for Hogwarts Legacy.
General Bug Fixes
- Fixed issues with achievement data being properly pushed to the Wizarding World portal after linking
- Fixed an issue with owl mail not properly triggering sequential missions
- Fixed rare crashes around certain locations where in-game World Events spawn
- Fixed a rare crash when respawning NPCs in the world
- Fixed crash with some NPC schedules
- Fixed character issues with flickering occurring with a transparent head while hair is still present
- Updated localization text for additional content items
- Added Build version to first-time EULA
- Fixed rare occurrences of mission descriptions not being displayed correctly
- Corrected VFX presentation of robe transformation
- Fixed a stability issue when skipping cutscenes
- Fixed a crash when playing cutscenes and cinematics
- Fixed error of rewriting the last autosave slot
- Fixed an issue when restarting from the last save around not being able to talk to a vendor after the initial conversation.
Performance and Stability
- Improved performance on Fidelity mode
- Fixed rare crash around hovering over the map
- Fixed issue with wind causing distortion and stretching of world assets
- Fixed a rare occurrence with material swapping
- Fixed a rare crash with map assets state
- Fixed Rare crash occurring with in-game world events
- Fixed a memory leak with global lighting system (Bug: HL-313)
- Improved crash collection to help chase rare crashes and improve stability
Hogwarts Legacy's Darkest Family Is Connected To Voldemort
PC Fixes for Epic Games And Steam
- Fixed audio issues missing or not properly playing
- Switch Pro controller support updates
- Enable frame generation while DLSS is disabled
- Anti-Aliasing and Screen resolution settings are disabled when using DLSS and not Super Resolution
- Fixed issue with RTAO looking worse than SSAO
- Adjusted default setting to Medium Quality
Performance and Stability
- Shader-type compilation optimization
- Shader compilation performance updates and functionality enhancements
- Fixed a crash affecting Text2Speech usability
- Resolved issues with world assets abruptly being stretched
- Resolved an issue with Nvidia GPUs having a lower frame rate compared to AMD
And there you have it folks, your most recent Hogwarts Legacy patch notes.
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.