Lost Ark just got its biggest update yet. It's called Battle For the Throne of Chaos update and it launched today! Smilegate and Amazon are releasing a ton of new content for their free-to-play MMORPG yet, including a new class, a battle pass, a new continent, and more. See all the details of the massive update here.
Everything in the Lost Ark Battle For The Throne Of Chaos Update
Like we said, there is a lot in this update. This first batch of new content follows Smilegate's announcement of a roadmap for April & May and with Battle For the Throne of Chaos we're getting what has been promised for April. The highlight is of course the new class, the Glaivier, who looks super cool and like a lot of fun to play. But there is also the beautiful new continent South Vern and a battle pass, among many other things.
The update is available now on Steam. We'll show you here the highlights from the official patch notes:
New Advanced Class – Glaivier
The Glaivier is wielding both a spear and a glaive, with her being able to change between the weapons with one button. This alone sounds exciting and we can't wait to see her in action.
Practicing an artistic and deadly form of martial arts, the Glaivier slices her way through the battlefield, weaving together attacks with her spear and glaive. The Glaivier has two distinct skill sets which can be swapped between— Focus and Flurry— with each stance and skill set represented by one of her two weapons. The shorter spear is used to unleash a furious barrage in the Focus stance, while the longer glaive harnesses the Flurry stance for gracefully lethal strikes and sweeping attacks. While certain builds may focus your attention onto one of these weapons, an effective Glaivier can maximize their potential by creating balance between the two stances, building up energy in one stance which grants an impactful stat-boost when swapping to the other.
New Continent – South Vern
With the Battle For the Throne of Chaos update, a new continent comes to Lost Ark. South Vern is housing the titular Throne of Chaos and is going to be a new late game area for players.
Discover and explore a new region of Arkesia with the introduction of South Vern. The settlers of South Vern borrowed technology from many different races to turn this once-barren land into a place of abundant waters and green pastures. Hearing rumors of the dangers that plagued North Vern, the Senate shut South Vern down and formed a new knightly order. Suspecting that something was amiss, Ealyn, the Queen of Vern ordered Knight Commander Avele to investigate. What could be happening to this peaceful continent? Uncover the mysteries of South Vern as you venture into this new region, encounter new characters, and complete quests. The South Vern storyline will conclude in an epic battle, with the power to shift the future of Arkesia. South Vern will join Punika as the second Tier 3 continent, requiring an item level of 1340 to begin.
In addition to the storyline, South Vern will include the normal difficulty of the new Chaos Line activity. The South Vern Chaos Dungeons, Field Boss, and Chaos Gate will be added in a future update, when more players have reached the minimum item level required to participate (1415).
Progression Events – April 21-June 30
Players will be able to participate in new events that will help boost characters and earn new rewards.
Players will receive a Feiton Powerpass after completing Feiton's main story quest “Will” during the event period, or, if you've already finished the quest before the update, you'll get the Powerpass when the event starts! The Feiton Powerpass will function like the Vern Powerpasses available to players in the launch version of Lost Ark— once you’ve completed the storyline through that continent, you’ll be able to use it to bring an alternate character to that point in the game. With a Feiton Powerpass, you'll receive level 960 gear. This is an event Powerpass that will expire on June 30.
Express Mission Event
This new event will allow players to select one of their characters at combat level 50 that’s under item level 1000 to do “Express Missions”. That character will be granted level 302 gear, and have an opportunity to complete express and bonus missions for significant honing and progression rewards. The missions will be split up into four sections, corresponding to the major continents found in Tier 1 and Tier 2 (North Vern, Rohendel, Yorn, and Feiton), each granting an abundance of materials relevant to that tier to help players progress, such as silver, honing materials, major potions, Engravings, and much more.
For newer players, we hope this helps them catch up to friends while still learning Tier 1 & 2 and the game modes within them. For players already in Tier 3, this event can be used to quickly level up a new alternate character (maybe a new Glaivier?). Completing all the missions will grant a very impactful reward - so make sure to take advantage of this event while it’s around! Like the Feiton Powerpass, the Express Mission Event will be around until June 30.
New Battle Pass – Ark Pass
One of the biggest additions to Lost Ark is the so-called Ark Pass, the first battle pass for the game. The Ark Pass is an account-wide battle pass that grants players additional rewards for completing different in-game activities, whether it be participating in Guardian Raids, completing Una's Tasks, or doing one of the many other things in the game. There will be a free version, but obviously you can also use a premium currency to buy a bigger version of the Ark Pass, which will grant you even more rewards.
The Ark Pass adds new ways for players to earn meaningful rewards just by playing Lost Ark. With the Ark Pass, players can complete missions to progress their Ark Pass levels— and with each level you reach, you’ll earn rewards. The regular Ark Pass is completely free, and grants a variety of helpful rewards, such as honing material selection chests, pirate coins, and even a mount! In addition to the regular, free Ark Pass, players can purchase two additional levels— Premium & Super Premium— that add additional rewards to the rewards track. Ark Pass progress is roster wide.
The Premium Ark Pass will add additional rewards at every level that players will earn alongside the free rewards. Some examples include more honing material selection chests, gems, rapport chests, and a Vertus Pet! On top of the Regular & Premium rewards, the Super Premium Ark Pass layers in selection chests for the Noble Banquet skin collection, the Noble Banquet Wallpaper, and some legendary rapport chests throughout the 30 levels of the Ark Pass.
The Premium pass can be acquired in exchange for 1,500 Royal Crystals, and the Super Premium (all rewards + Noble Banquet skins) for 3,000 Royal Crystals. The Premium and Super Premium Ark Passes will be available in the in-game store until June 18, and progress can be earned until July 14.
General Updates & Bug Fixes
Along with the exciting new content, there are also a slew of quality-of-life improvement, general changes and bug fixes coming to the game.
- Added a 25-day track of new daily log-in rewards.
- Improved co-op party play for Secret Maps. Now all four members can submit a map to get rewards with one run. No more worrying about someone dropping from your group after you used your map!
- Modified voice chat volume settings to stay within a medium range of volume outputs
- Updated the server selection screen background.
- Increased available character slots from 12 to 18.
- Fixed an issue where skill tree info is not shown when viewing PvP skill info from Book Of Coordination while in a Custom Lobby.
- Improved Book of Coordination settings. Players can now set up skill presets, tripod levels, skill runes, gems, item set effects, etc.
- Adjusted rewards drop location for Naruna Hot Springs.
- Added additional controller settings allowing users to tweak the pointer speed and thumbstick deadzone.
- Added a new button in Custom PvP Lobbies allowing users to view all players’ active Book of Coordination presets.
- Fixed an issue that caused unnatural movement in the sails of the “The Great Journey” wallpaper.
- Fixed an issue that prevented push-to-talk voice while the ‘Game Menu’ or the ‘Settings Menu’ were open.
- Fixed an issue that caused enemies to spawn too close to certain NPCs, making it difficult to interact with them.
- Fixed an issue that directed players to the wrong area in the “A Nose For News” quests.
- Fixed an issue that prevented text from appearing in the text-to-speech chat tab.
- Fixed an issue that caused an "Unknown Error" message to appear while traversing the Foul Hollow dungeon.
- Fixed an issue that caused the total and online member count within the ‘Guild Menu’ to not display while using a non-English language.
- Fixed an issue with controllers that caused some buttons to become unresponsive after skipping cutscenes.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain tool-tips to be missing from the controller ‘Settings Menu’.