Sojourn is the new damage hero in Overwatch 2. Here you can see everything you need to know about her abilities and the best way to use them.
Sojourn is one of the three new Heroes in Overwatch 2. She is a tactician and a fierce soldier. She is one of those heroes who we will see in almost every match, because she can basically compete against anyone. Sojourn is an incredibly flexible character and also very easy to master, because her abilities are simple but still extremely effective. In this guide, we will tell you everything you need to know about her abilities, and how you can use them in the best way possible.
Overwatch 2 Sojourn Abilities
Sojourns abilities are easy to use and can be very effective as well. I would even go as far as to say that Sojourn is one of the best beginner heroes in Overwatch. Anyway, let's take a look at what she's got.
Sojourns Railgun is a rapid firing gun, that deals 8 damage per bullet. She can shoot 11 bullets in 1 second, which is A LOT. While she is damaging enemies with her Railgun, it will charge up energy. This energy can then be released through a high impact shot, which deals a lot of damage and can even go through multiple heroes, if they are standing behind each other.
One thing that is always helpful when things get hectic in Overwatch is flexibility. Sojourn has the ability to fast-slide across the ground and then cancel the slide into a high jump.
Creates an energy field, that slows down and deals up to 210 points of damage to any enemy inside it.
This is her ultimate ability. When used, her energy bar will charge up automatically, giving her the chance to fire multiple high impact shots in a row.
Sojourns Power Slide is something that we haven't seen in Overwatch yet. Although she might not be as flexible as Tracer, using the Power Slide to get out of hectic situations gives her a big advantage over other heroes.
Do's And Don'ts When Playing Sojourn
Keep in mind that every person has a different style when playing Overwatch, so feel free to try out your own things when playing Sojourn. Here are a few tips if you want to play Sojourn like a pro.
- Don't forget to use the disruptor shot. This area of effect ability deals a lot of damage to your enemies.
- You should try using it whenever the opponent team is clustered together.
- The disruptor shot even sticks to walls, you should use that to your advantage and place it on a wall that is behind your enemies.
- Also keep in mind that this offers a great way of keeping tanks, like Roadhog, on a safe distance.
- Always aim at the head, of course this goes for all heroes, but Sojourns Rail Gun is especially accurate and doesn't have a wide range when shooting, which makes hitting an enemy's head even more lethal.
- Stay out of the mass. Sojourn is definitely not made for close combat, but her abilities work pretty well on high range, so keep that in mind.
- Shoot on bigger targets. You should always try to charge up your energy, to hit your opponents with the high impact shot. The best way to do this is to aim at the big boys of the match like Roadhog, Reinhardt or Winston.
- Don't slide into the battlefield. If you slide straight into battle, you are an easy target for your opponents. Use the slide to dodge attacks instead.
- Don't spam your ultimate. When using your ultimate, Sojourns energy bar on the Rail Gun will recharge itself. Don't use the high impact shot when the energy bar is still under 50. Just wait one second until it recharges, that way you'll deal way more damage. If you use the high impact shot on full power, you can even shoot through multiple enemies with one shot.
Hopefully, this guide helped you with playing the new Overwatch hero Sojourn. Feel free to check out our other Overwatch 2 content: