It really feels like Eevee has over a hundred different evolution options in Pokémon. Every time I look up the Pokédex, I wonder: What and why? But in the end, it's sweet and that reason is good enough for me. Fortunately, things are less confusing in Pokémon Unite, there is only one way to go for us – and it's called Sylveon. The Fairy Pokémon adds another attacker to the game and has its strengths above all in long-ranged combat. New Pokémon, new guide: We'll show you how you own not only Sylveon, but also your opponents!
You'd like to main another Pokémon? We got you covered:
How To Play Sylveon in Pokémon Unite?
Sylveon Guide: Basics
Of course, you can find Sylveon’s strengths in the offense, since it's an attacker. However, the stats look very solid, so the gameplay is relatively flexible:
- Offense: 3.5/5
- Endurance: 1.5/5
- Mobility: 1.5/5
- Scoring: 3.5/5
- Support: 3.5/5
Sylveon Guide: Evolution
As already indicated at the beginning, you will start as Eevee. At level 4 your evolution to Sylveon happens.
Sylveon Guide: Unique Abilities
- Adaptability/Pixilate: Each time you take damage, your special attack increases for a short amount of time. After turning into Sylveon, Adaptability becomes Pixilate. Pixilate ensures that your special attack and special defense are increased everytime you receive damage.
- Basic Attack: With every third attack you get a boost on your basic attack dealing more damage. Sylveon moves faster for a short amount of time.
Sylveon Guide: Moves
- Swift: Sylveon shoots star-shaped rays at your opponents. If they get hit, the attack deals some damage to them.
- Baby-Doll Eyes: Sylveon stares at an opponent, dealing some damage and decreasing the speed of the opposing Pokémon.
How to build: Even if Baby-Doll Eyes sounds more fancy, we recommend Swift as your first pick. This attack deals more damage and ensures faster KO's. Such a move can make all the difference, especially in the early game. In addition, Swift can hit several Pokémon at the same time, which is why it is also useful in the fight against wild Pokémon.
- Mystical Fire: Sylveon creates four flames. If they hit opposing Pokémon, they deal damage and decrease their Special Attack. Each time an opponent gets hit, the move cooldown gets reduced.
- Hyper Voice: Sylveon unleashes several hyper waves against an opponent. The damage increases the farther the opposing Pokémon is away.
How to build: The combination of Sylveon's passive ability and Mystical Fire is really strong. You can start the match more aggressively and either eliminate wild Pokémon or secure some important kills in the early game.
- Draining Kiss: Sylveon blows a kiss at an opposing Pokémon. The kiss goes back and forth between both of them, dealing damage to the opponent and regenerating Sylveon's HP. The opponent has a chance to escape the Draining Kiss and to end the attack.
- Calm Mind: Special Attack, Special Defense and Movement Speed increase.
How to build: Even if Calm Mind gives you some serious boosts, the healing ability of Draining Kiss can make a huge difference during the fight. This move helps you in critical moments and lets keep you fighting.
Level 8 – Sylveon Unite Move
- Fairy Frolic: Sylveon jumps into the air and becomes invincible for a short amount of time. The moment the Pokémon lands on the ground, it deals damage to opposing Pokémon and restores some HP. In addition, Sylveon restores a certain percentage of the dealt damage for some seconds after the Unite Move.
With the Unite Move, Sylveon becomes extremely important in team fights as well. With the additional healing ability, you can also take a little more risk. So don't waste the attack in one-on-one combat!
Sylveon Guide: Item Build
- Held Items: Buddy Barrier, Muscle Band and Razor Claw
- Battle Item: Eject Button
The Buddy Barrier covers you and your nearest mate with a shield, after using the Unite Move. Muscle Band increases your damage using your Basic Attack. Razor Claw adds another boost to your Basic Attack. After using some other move, your next Basic Attack deals even more damage.
Eject Button is your get out of jail card, which is always useful.
Sylveon Guide: Game Strategy
As you've probably noticed by now, Sylveon can be played in a number of different ways. In any case, you shouldn't rush into combat, but instead use your strength in long-range combat. Moves like Mystical Fire and Hyper Voice can make all the difference in a fight.
You don't like Sylveon? How dare you! But here are some other fancy guides:
Folks, let’s be real here: Nobody likes ads, everybody likes raffles and we all wanna feel special. Right? Sign up for MyEarlyGame and you get just that: No ads, the content you wanna see & a chance to win free stuff. No brainer, really.