XDefiant offers 14 maps split into two sections with a variety of themes and designs inspired by popular Ubisoft franchises, providing a mix of fast-paced action and tactical gameplay. We list all the maps for you.
XDefiant, Ubisoft's upcoming free-to-play arena shooter, promises fast-paced and intense gameplay in a variety of diverse locations. The game features various maps ranging from amusement parks to research facilities and tech company offices, providing players with unique and exciting battlegrounds to wage war in. In this article, we'll dive into all the XDefiant maps that will be available at launch and list them in a ranking so that you get an idea which locations you can expect to explore and conquer.
There's a great variety of themes and designs in XDefiant's 14 available maps, making for a fast-paced and tactical gameplay experience when paired with the diverse XDefiant classes. The maps are split into two sections, with four only available in Escort or Zone, while the remaining ten are Domination and Occupy mode maps. Moreover, each map in XDefiant draws inspiration from a popular Ubisoft series, so fans of the franchise will recognize some familiar locales.
- If you're a controller player and you want an advantage in shooters like XDefiant, invest in a controller with paddles.
XDefiant: Best Maps
These are the maps that are known so far. It is quite possible that new locations will be added in the further course of the game:
- Domination and Occupy Mode Maps:
- Escort and Zone Mode Maps:
- Times Square
The Maps In XDefiant Explained
XDefiant offers a wide range of maps that players can expect to explore in the game, each with its unique design, theme, and gameplay mode. With 14 maps available at launch, players can expect to find themselves battling it out in diverse locations such as amusement parks, research facilities, tech company offices, and more.
Moreover, taking inspiration from popular Ubisoft series, each map in XDefiant is designed to resemble a recognizable location, thereby allowing players to experience the world of their favorite franchises in a new light. With an extensive range of gameplay styles, from fast-paced action to strategic gameplay, XDefiant's maps are crafted to cater to every player's preference, ensuring an immersive and engaging experience for all.
- Arena – Domination, Occupy: This map is likely to be a classic arena-style setting, with three points to capture and control in the Domination mode, or one point in the Occupy mode. It might have a circular or symmetrical layout to allow for balanced gameplay.
- Attica Heights – Domination, Occupy: With a name like Attica Heights, this map could be set in a high-rise building complex or an urban area with tall buildings. There could be opportunities for snipers or rooftop combat, and possibly some tight corridors and close-quarters combat.
- DUMBO – Domination, Occupy: DUMBO stands for "Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass," which suggests this map is set in a busy city area with a lot of overhead structures. It could be a mix of open areas and tight alleys, with possible opportunities for vertical movement.
- Echelon HQ – Domination, Occupy: As the name suggests, this map could be set in a corporate or military headquarters with a lot of security measures. It might have a lot of indoor areas with tight corridors, as well as some open spaces for firefights.
- Emporium – Domination, Occupy: Emporium is a word that typically refers to a large retail store or marketplace, so this map could be set in a shopping district or a crowded commercial area. There might be a mix of open areas and tight indoor spaces, with possible opportunities for flanking and surprise attacks.
- Liberty – Domination, Occupy: This map could be set in a patriotic or government-themed area, perhaps with landmarks or monuments related to freedom or democracy. It might have some wide open areas for sniping or long-range combat, as well as some tight corridors for close-quarters combat.
- Mayday – Domination, Occupy: The name Mayday suggests a sense of urgency or emergency, so this map could be set in a chaotic or dangerous environment, like a shipwreck or a disaster site. It could be a mix of open areas and tight indoor spaces, with possible hazards or environmental obstacles.
- Nudleplex – Domination, Occupy: This map is likely to be inspired by the Watch Dogs series, as Nudle is a fictional search engine in that universe. It could be set in a high-tech corporate campus or research facility, with a lot of advanced technology and security measures. There might be some opportunities for hacking or disrupting the enemy team's devices.
- Pueblito – Domination, Occupy: Inspired by Far Cry 6, Pueblito is likely to be set in a small, rural town in a tropical or desert environment. There could be a lot of outdoor areas with cover provided by buildings or natural features, as well as some indoor areas with tight corridors.
- Showtime – Domination, Occupy: With a name like Showtime, this map could be set in an entertainment or sports venue, like a stadium or an arena. It might have some wide open areas for long-range combat, as well as some tight corridors or backstage areas for close-quarters combat.
- Meltdown – Escort, Zone: Meltdown is a map that's only available in the Escort and Zone modes. The name suggests a nuclear or industrial disaster, so the map could be set in a power plant or a hazardous materials facility. There might be some environmental hazards or obstacles to avoid.
- Midway – Escort, Zone: This map is also only available in the Escort and Zone modes. The name Midway suggests a military or naval setting, so the map could be set on an aircraft carrier or a naval base. There might be some opportunities for underwater combat
- Zoo – Escort, Zone: As the name suggests, this map could be set in a zoo or animal park, with a lot of outdoor areas and some indoor animal exhibits. There might be some environmental hazards like escaped animals, or opportunities for using animal-themed gadgets or equipment.
- Times Square – Escort, Zone: Times Square is a famous landmark in New York City, known for its bright lights and bustling crowds. This map could be set in a crowded city area with a lot of verticality, like skyscrapers or billboards to climb on. There might be some tight alleys and corners for close-quarters combat, as well as some wide open areas for long-range combat.
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.