Here are the Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom patch notes for update 1.2.0. The patch includes some bug fixes and also added a new system that allows TotK players to get free rewards.
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Patch Notes For Update Version 1.2.0
- By starting the game from within certain articles released on a specific Switch News channel (accessed via the HOME Menu) players can receive a number of in-game items.
- Might not work for players at locations or points of progress in the game.
- Fixed an issue where players could not progress beyond certain points in the game:
- The main quests “A Mystery in the Depths” and “Secret of the Ring Ruins”
- The side adventures “Hateno Village Research Lab” and “Lurelin Village Restoration Project”
- The shrine quest “Dyeing to Find It”
- The side quests “Village Attacked by Pirates”, “The Incomplete Stable”, and “Seeking the Pirate Hideout”.
- Fixed an issue preventing fairies from appearing under certain conditions when they originally should have appeared.
- Fixed an issue preventing the meals provided by Kiana of Lurelin Village from changing under certain conditions.
- Several other fixes to improve the gameplay experience.
Additionally, it seems that the popular rupee glitch is no more as well.
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.